Download MetaTrader 5

Doing without ArraySetAsSeries(close,true)?

To add comments, please log in or register
paulgriffiths
paulgriffiths  

How do I access close[] array correctly without using ArraySetAsSeries(close,true)?‌

Currently using:

ArraySetAsSeries(close,true);

for(shift= 0; shift < 500; shift++)
{
      total += close[shift];
}

thanks.‌

‌‌

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
paulgriffiths:

How do I access close[] array correctly without using ArraySetAsSeries(close,true)?‌

Currently using:

ArraySetAsSeries(close,true);

for(shift= 0; shift < 500; shift++)
{
      total += close[shift];
}

thanks.‌

‌‌

Why should you use ArraySetAsSeries() at all?

Just invert the loop direction‌

paulgriffiths
paulgriffiths  
Mladen Rakic:

Why should you use ArraySetAsSeries() at all?

Just invert the loop direction‌

Why? because I was changing from mq4 to mq5 and was suggested.

for(shift= 500; shift >= 0; shift--)
{
      total += close[shift];
}

that's not the latest 500 though, it's the oldest 500.

How to get the latest?

thanks.‌

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
paulgriffiths:

Why? because I was changing from mq4 to mq5 and was suggested.

for(shift= 500; shift >= 0; shift--)
{
      total += close[shift];
}

that's not the latest 500 though, it's the oldest 500.

How to get the latest?

thanks.‌

‌Actually your code got the 501 oldest (not 500) ;-)

for(shift= rates_total-500; shift >= rates_total-1; shift--)
{
      total += close[shift];
}

‌Will give you the 500 newest with using ArraySetAsSeries().

paulgriffiths
paulgriffiths  
Alain Verleyen:

‌Actually your code got the 501 oldest (not 500) ;-)

for(shift= rates_total-500; shift >= rates_total-1; shift--)
{
      total += close[shift];
}

‌Will give you the 500 newest with using ArraySetAsSeries().

Thanks, I'm getting it all now so should be ok.

Manually can make about 100% profit in about 8 hours.‌ Just hoping I can program my EA to do the work for me and do it 24 hours a day. Which case will make approx. 400% profit daily(I'm wishing :).

I have a lot of experience in c++ and OpenGL graphics so should be ok to produce good code.

Can anyone tell me if their making anywhere near 400% profit daily? Interested to know.

Even if my EA only makes 100% profit daily, still be a great money making machine :). ‌

honest_knave
honest_knave  
paulgriffiths:

Manually can make about 100% profit in about 8 hours.‌ Just hoping I can program my EA to do the work for me and do it 24 hours a day. Which case will make approx. 400% profit daily(I'm wishing :).

I have a lot of experience in c++ and OpenGL graphics so should be ok to produce good code.

Can anyone tell me if their making anywhere near 400% profit daily? Interested to know. ‌

Well, if you can make 400% profit per day, you can turn $100 into nearly $1,000,000 in 10 days... I do not think you will find many people consistently making anywhere near 400% profit daily!

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
paulgriffiths:

Can anyone tell me if their making anywhere near 400% profit daily? Interested to know.

Even if my EA only makes 100% profit daily, still be a great money making machine :). ‌

What kind of a loop would you use for 400% a day? Double inverted tweet loop :)
paulgriffiths
paulgriffiths  
Mladen Rakic:
What kind of a loop would you use for 400% a day? Double inverted tweet loop :)

Well manually can double my money in 8 hours, so if can copy what I'm doing into a program then at best 24 / 8 = 3. so double * double * double = 400%.

Just have to see I guess

Here's a typical strategy tester result 150% profit in just under 5 days, it's just 1 currency pair, so if I use 36 then A LOT more profit! :D.

Its not the amount of deals you make it's if each deal makes a profit. It makes about 4 deals a day so multiply that by 36 currency pairs and it's about 800 deals in 5 days. Each deal makes about £1000 profit. So £1000 * 800 = £800,000 in 5 days at it's very best. ‌

Typical profit.‌

Topgun_68
Topgun_68  
paulgriffiths:

Well manually can double my money in 8 hours, so if can copy what I'm doing into a program then at best 24 / 8 = 3. so double * double * double = 400%.

Just have to see I guess

Here's a typical strategy tester result 150% profit in just under 5 days, it's just 1 currency pair, so if I use 36 then A LOT more profit! :D.

Its not the amount of deals you make it's if each deal makes a profit. It makes about 4 deals a day so multiply that by 36 currency pairs and it's about 800 deals in 5 days. Each deal makes about £1000 profit. So £1000 * 800 = £800,000 in 5 days at it's very best. ‌

.‌

Nice. I can make 2% in 8 hours   :<)
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
paulgriffiths:

Just have to see I guess

.‌

‌Strategy tester result? Come on. I thought that people do not do that stuff any more. Seems that I was wrong.

Oh well, send us a donation when you become the richest man on earth :) and show the rest of us how easy it is to become a zillionaire and that all the cohorts trading for years and years are plain dumb ... Why do all scams start in so similar ways?

To add comments, please log in or register