Let's kill MT4!

Any ideas how to do that? :)

I know reasons and why MT5 is better, I asking how to kill MT4...:)

Ghenadie Tumco:
I know reasons and why MT5 is better, I asking how to kill MT4...:)

MT5 is much better because you can debug you code which is NOT possible in MT4.

Y‌ou can execute each line in the Expert Advisor and check if you made a misstake or to see if its working like expected and that with history data from your broker.

T‌he debugging feature is the biggest difference between MT4 and MT5, also you can programm Object Oriented which is much better !!!!

S‌o kill MT4 and use MT5 !!!!!

Yeah, there are many reason to code and trade in MT5. But, I still do not understand, why the creator, cannot kill his creation, and to keep only one product???

ovidiu marian: MT5 is much better because you can debug you code which is NOT possible in MT4.

Y‌ou can execute each line in the Expert Advisor and check if you made a misstake or to see if its working like expected and that with history data from your broker.

T‌he debugging feature is the biggest difference between MT4 and MT5, also you can programm Object Oriented which is much better !!!!

You are misinformed! You can also debug EAs line-by-line in MQL4, because the Compiler/Editor is the SAME one for both MT4 and MT5!

Please note that I am not choosing sides of which is better - I am simply correcting your misinformation!‌

Ghenadie Tumco: Yeah, there are many reason to code and trade in MT5. But, I still do not understand, why the creator, cannot kill his creation, and to keep only one product???
Would you kill the goose that is currently still laying the golden eggs, or would you wait until the NEW one lays diamond eggs?

For me the biggest disadvantage of MT5 is that you cannot back test with your own tickdata as Metaquotes does not reveal the structure of the quotes.

Well, you can get now tickdata to backtest form the broker but will they be willing to accept huge amount of data transfer again and again for backtesters for several years per run per terminal - I doubt that!‌

And as Fernado state mt4 alows you to debugg (at least until 1031 even indicators) and you can‌ code OOP - just do it!

Fernando Carreiro:
Would you kill the goose that is currently still laying the golden eggs, or would you wait until the NEW one lays diamond eggs?
No, the real reason is not this one, they just can't kill MT4.

Fernando Carreiro:

You are misinformed! You can also debug EAs line-by-line in MQL4, because the Compiler/Editor is the SAME one for both MT4 and MT5!

Please note that I am not choosing sides of which is better - I am simply correcting your misinformation!‌

Ok ... didnt know that. 

Fernando Carreiro:

Most probably, MT5 is more expensive, and also, they sold live licences for MT4, and now, they must keep supporting.
Reason: