How to keep MetaQuotes and Broker Data separate?

Hi,

Can anyone suggest what is the best way to keep MQ (Metaquotes) and Broker data separate and really do keep them both? I don´t want one overwriting the other and vice versa.

Thanks a ton for suggestions..

humblebee9: Can anyone suggest what is the best way to keep MQ (Metaquotes) and Broker data separate and really do keep them both? I don´t want one overwriting the other and vice versa.
They are already separate in the various sub-folders of ".\history".
  • When you login to MetaQuotes Demo account, all the Symbols, History, Tick data, News, etc. are kept in its own folder ".\history\MetaQuotes-Demo".
  • When you login to your Broker account, all the Symbols, Hostory, Tick data, News, etc. are kept in another folder ".\history\Broker-AccountType".

However, if you really want things completely separate, than set up various separate installations of MetaTrader, one for each Account.

EDIT: Actually the folder name is the server name and not Broker-AccountType, so it is ".\history\server-name"

Fernando Carreiro:
They are already separate in the various sub-folders of ".\history".
  • When you login to MetaQuotes Demo account, all the Symbols, History, Tick data, News, etc. are kept in its own folder ".\history\MetaQuotes-Demo".
  • When you login to your Broker account, all the Symbols, Hostory, Tick data, News, etc. are kept in another folder ".\history\Broker-AccountType".

However, if you really want things completely separate, than set up various separate installations of MetaTrader, one for each Account.

Much appreciate a fast response, Fernando!

humblebee9: Much appreciate a fast response, Fernando!
Just edited and updated my previous post!
Reason: