Is there any EA,can open/close orders by hand in Tester5?

. Thanks!

Of course.

StereoTrader can do it, for free. Please use Google. There is also a YouTube video which shows how to setup and use it. You have full access to all trading functions and youre actually able to backtest strategies manually in history.

I guess this is what you are looking for. 

Doerk Hilger:

StereoTrader can do it, for free. Please use Google. There is also a YouTube video which shows how to setup and use it. You have full access to all trading functions and youre actually able to backtest strategies manually in history.

I guess this is what you are looking for. 

Thanks,ST is nice,but not my need.

I am use Metatrader 5.  my indicators base on it.

Chunyong Guo:

Thanks,ST is nice,but not my need.

I am use Metatrader 5.  my indicators base on it.

I don't know if MT5 is the same, but in MT4:

Create OBJ_BUTTON objects for buy and sell and close (and whatever else you want).

OnChartEvent() doesn't work in MT4's strategy tester (presumably the same in MT5, but check).

So check the state of the buttons in OnTick instead. 

There will be a version for MT5 soon, of course. There are many advantages against plain MT4/MT5 and regarding your needs for backtesting, you have also full access to pending orders, several kinds of trailing stops, accumulation of positions, realtime statistics and so on which makes it really comfortable to do a real manual backtesting. There is nothing comparable around.

Anyway, thank your for watching. 

honest_knave:

I don't know if MT5 is the same, but in MT4:

Create OBJ_BUTTON objects for buy and sell and close (and whatever else you want).

OnChartEvent() doesn't work in MT4's strategy tester (presumably the same in MT5, but check).

So check the state of the buttons in OnTick instead. 

OnChartEvent() works on Strategy Tester (MT4 and MT5), if used in an indicator.

Alain Verleyen:
OnChartEvent() works on Strategy Tester (MT4 and MT5), if used in an indicator.
If they can implement if for an indicator, I wonder why it cannot be implemented with an EA in the strategy tester.

It would save having to put code in OnTick() dependant on IsVisual()

Keith Watford:
If they can implement if for an indicator, I wonder why it cannot be implemented with an EA in the strategy tester.

It would save having to put code in OnTick() dependant on IsVisual()
I don't know why. Probably a thread issue ?

Doerk Hilger:

There will be a version for MT5 soon, of course. There are many advantages against plain MT4/MT5 and regarding your needs for backtesting, you have also full access to pending orders, several kinds of trailing stops, accumulation of positions, realtime statistics and so on which makes it really comfortable to do a real manual backtesting. There is nothing comparable around.

Anyway, thank your for watching. 

Nice to hear!
Reason: