Manual trading test with specific hour in the past.

Hi,

I need some help. I will provide an example in order to be easier.

Trade specifications are applied with manual opening: StopLoss is 1000 points, TakeProfit is 200 points, StartTrailing is 100 points and TrailingStop is 50 points. The pair is XAUUSD. With those criteria I want to history test if I opened a real trade with specific hour/date in the past. Let's say 18:30:45 - 25 Aug 2020 (just random). May I see how the trade should finish following the real history of XAUUSD's movements? Is this possible and how?

Just to mention I am not experienced at all and really don't know how to formulate the subject of the question. Either direct answers or link to articles that can be helpful are welcome. Would you help me with this?

Testing trading strategies on real ticks
Testing trading strategies on real ticks
  • www.mql5.com
The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: "1 minute OHLC", "Every tick" and "Every tick based on real ticks" using actual historical data.

ivan73ganchev:

Hi,

I need some help. I will provide an example in order to be easier.

Trade specifications are applied with manual opening: StopLoss is 1000 points, TakeProfit is 200 points, StartTrailing is 100 points and TrailingStop is 50 points. The pair is XAUUSD. With those criteria I want to history test if I opened a real trade with specific hour/date in the past. Let's say 18:30:45 - 25 Aug 2020 (just random). May I see how the trade should finish following the real history of XAUUSD's movements? Is this possible and how?

Just to mention I am not experienced at all and really don't know how to formulate the subject of the question. Either direct answers or link to articles that can be helpful are welcome. Would you help me with this?

I don't think you can trade past manually using Strategy Tester, though you can access past data. You can visually run a backtest, and take note of things since you are not able to trade manually, or you can code an ea to do it for you.

_MAHA_ #:
I don't think you can trade past manually using Strategy Tester, though you can access past data. You can visually run a backtest, and take note of things since you are not able to trade manually, or you can code an ea to do it for you.

Hi _MAHA_, and thank you for the replay. I didn't answer right away because I had some internet issues. As I said I am not experienced at all and code an EA will be far from me. Do you know is making such advisor will be easy task? At least how to jump to a specific time (not only date) in the past? Thanks.

Reason: