Mt4 installer is installing Mt5?? - page 2

MThomp:
Installing MT4 and MT5 on the same computer system , it safe to do so?  Thank you.
Yes

hi, i'm new on this forum, i tried several brokers, and all "MT4" installers actually set up MT5... what should i do? thanks. JJ

jjseb4: hi, i'm new on this forum, i tried several brokers, and all "MT4" installers actually set up MT5... what should i do? thanks. JJ

Try reading the first answer of this thread.

whroeder1:

Try reading the first answer of this thread.

hi whroeder1, thanks for your answer.

do you refer (as first answer of the thread) to the following answer, i quote:

"you still can download the MT4. but only from the brokers, not from MQL5.COM"?

If the case, that is exactly what i did and said that i did. More details: i tried ECN, FXDD, PepperStone, and a couple others. All downloads exe will install MT5 for me...

Can you indicate several brokers specifically where i can download a MT4 install please?

jjseb4: i tried ECN, FXDD, PepperStone, and a couple others. All downloads exe will install MT5 for me...
Then complain to them; they want your business.  And keep looking. Forex Brokers Comparison & Reviews

Okay, since MT4 setup installs MT5, and this is the future we're going to be living in, my question is - how does one load currently working, custom MT4 templates and indicators into MT5? There are 2 templates and 10 indicators that need to migrate to MT5.

Thank you for any guidance.

JohnePer1: Okay, since MT4 setup installs MT5, and this is the future we're going to be living in, my question is - how does one load currently working, custom MT4 templates and indicators into MT5? There are 2 templates and 10 indicators that need to migrate to MT5.

You can't! They are just not compatible! They will have to be converted.

For any Indicator, Script or EA for which you have Source Code, they will have to be converted by a coder that knows what he is doing.

For those that you only have ".ex4" files, you will either have to contact the authors or simply scrap them (or have someone recreate new ones with similar functionality)!

As for templates, I have never compared the differences or tried to convert them myself, but they most probably also require conversion or simply be recreated manually, which is probably the easiest method.

Fernando Carreiro:

You can't! They are just not compatible! They will have to be converted.

For any Indicator, Script or EA for which you have Source Code, they will have to be converted by a coder that knows what he is doing.

For those that you only have ".ex4" files, you will either have to contact the authors or simply scrap them (or have someone recreate new ones with similar functionality)!

As for templates, I have never compared the differences or tried to convert them myself, but they most probably also require conversion or simply be recreated manually, which is probably the easiest method.

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your reply. That's what I was afraid the answer would be. 

Pc but it keeps installing mt5 what is going on 

Akeyo:
Pc but it keeps installing mt5 what is going on 

Read this topic

Reason: