is there a way to increase EA size to avoid it to be downloaded?

I have created an EA, but i'm suspicious if my broker or even metaquotes may want to download it, if they find it good enough,  as its only in kbs size, 

it would be undetectable in my sniffer. So how can i increase EA size to 100 mb but without losing performance?

Thank you for your answer 

You can't hide yourself from your broker ...

Ah yes the paranoia element... it's quite common under newcomers that think they found the golden goose.

Please see: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/runtime/resources

And add some rather large image, or sound files...

But the maximum size is: 16 Megabyte.

However, im sure you could detect that size a suspicious upload.

Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Resources
Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Resources
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5 programs / Resources - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Marco vd Heijden:

Please see: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/runtime/resources

And add some rather large image, or sound files...

But the maximum size is: 16 Megabyte.

However, im sure you could detect that size a suspicious upload.

People really like to waste their time.

Alain Verleyen:
People really like to waste their time.

You can never be sure.

I'm not saying that it happens but at least you can spot it when it happens.

Except if you are running windows, because then you might as well spread your EA code by releasing flyer's from an airplane hahaha. 

But i am usually more worried about the decompilation issues.

To Marco Vd Heijden:

I was thinking about increase the Ex4 file. That way you suggested, it will only increase in a different path, so do you know a way to increase the Ex4 file of my EA without losing any performance?

only to 16 mb could do it.

Thanks 

Well i suggest you go read it again then.

Marco vd Heijden:
Well i suggest you go read it again then.

Yes i see it  was on bottom of the article

"An important advantage of applying the resources is that the resource files are automatically compressed before they are included into an executable EX5 file prior to compilation. Thus, using the resource variables allows you to put all necessary data directly into the executable EX5 file as well as reduce the number and total size of the files compared to the conventional way of writing MQL5 programs."

thank you

mrluck1:

Yes i see it  was on bottom of the article

"An important advantage of applying the resources is that the resource files are automatically compressed before they are included into an executable EX5 file prior to compilation. Thus, using the resource variables allows you to put all necessary data directly into the executable EX5 file as well as reduce the number and total size of the files compared to the conventional way of writing MQL5 programs."

thank you

The idea is useless because ultimately you can't prevent and second - the broker does not need the ea, it already chose the side it takes and it's earnings are guaranteed without the need to trade (although, someone working in the broker may want it for private use).

But, if you insist, you can put an array of 1000 pictures or more.
Second, you can think of using the net (winininet.dll) or some block against your system name etc.
If you're a real paranoid, you can put the main part of the ea on another instance of MT5(not connected to that broker) and use a bridge between them or write it.

mrluck1:

I have created an EA, but i'm suspicious if my broker or even metaquotes may want to download it, if they find it good enough,  as its only in kbs size, 

it would be undetectable in my sniffer. So how can i increase EA size to 100 mb but without losing performance?

Thank you for your answer 

The only way is add encryption code inside your EA for use of specific ACCOUNT number and then upload your EX4 file to server.

By the way I can not understand how meta quotes want to download your EA from your vps????   joke of the day?  

Waseem Raza:

The only way is add encryption code inside your EA for use of specific ACCOUNT number and then upload your EX4 file to server.

By the way I can not understand how meta quotes want to download your EA from your vps????   joke of the day?  

i did dome research and made my mind, its impossible to be 100% sure your EA is safe, from the broker or  metaquotes, even if you increase the size of Ex4 file, so i'll just have to trust in them, no other way
Reason: