Experts: MTC Сombo

MTC Сombo:

The Expert Advisor is based on a standard trend strategy and the two-layer neural network that is trained to enter the market against a trend.

Author: Vladimir Karputov

So, after pass 1, 2, 3 and 4.....
Wich number i put in to use all "Four" strategies for trade?

FrancisTBest:

So, after pass 1, 2, 3 and 4.....
Wich number i put in to use all "Four" strategies for trade?

At the end of the step, "The final fourth stage", you must start training through the genetic algorithm optimization. After this optimization, you do not need to change anything in the parameters. The parameter "pass" will be "4".

My question was regarding the number that I must leave in the "Pass" to use the robot definitively in chart, after doing the 4 steps.

Ty for answering

FrancisTBest:

My question was regarding the number that I must leave in the "Pass" to use the robot definitively in chart, after doing the 4 steps.

Ty for answering

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Experts: MTC Сombo

Vladimir Karputov, 2017.08.22 06:20

At the end of the step, "The final fourth stage", you must start training through the genetic algorithm optimization. After this optimization, you do not need to change anything in the parameters. The parameter "pass" will be "4".

Automated-Trading:

MTC Сombo:

Author: Vladimir Karputov

I have compiled the EA successfully but on following First optimization stage instructions, I couldn't locate p1 in the inputs section!!!

Where could it be!?

Joseph Kisakye :

I have compiled the EA successfully but on following First optimization stage instructions, I couldn't locate p1 in the inputs section!!!

Where could it be!?

There he is:

//---- input parameters
input uchar              bar=0;
input int                ma_period = 2;               // averaging period
input int                ma_shift=0;                  // horizontal shift
input ENUM_MA_METHOD     ma_method=MODE_SMA;          // smoothing type
input ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE applied_price=PRICE_CLOSE;   // type of price or handle
input double      tp1 = 50;
input double      sl1 = 50;
//input int         p1=10;
input int         x12 = 100;
input int         x22 = 100;

Vladimir Karputov:

There he is:

Thank you Vladimir. I have updated the source code and now able to see p1. Actually I noticed that the correct format in the source code is "input int p1=10;" instead of "//input int p1=10"

I have two more questions

1. In the instructions I don't see any stage where the inbuilt indicator(s) are optimized, does this mean they are automatically integrated into the four stage optimization!!!?

2. The optimization option of "Balance + max Sharpe Ratio" doesn't exist in my MT5.

Instead, the different options I see exist separately as follows: Balance max, Profit Factor max, Expected Payoff max, Drawdown min, Recovery Factor max, Sharpe Ratio max, Custom max and Complex Criterion max. So if I choose to optimize using Balance max, will it give me the desired results!?

Joseph Kisakye :

2. The optimization option of " Balance + max Sharpe Ratio " doesn't exist in my MT5.

The terminal is developing all the time. Choose the type of optimization you like.

Vladimir Karputov:

The terminal is developing all the time. Choose the type of optimization you like.

Cool, thanks. I will be sharing feedback on real time results on demo after optimization.

Hello Vladimir!

Last year I came across this EA and tried to follow the optimization instructions but got distracted with other matters before I finished this process.

I have recently embarked on reviewing this EA after someone requested me to share my experience with it. 

But in the process of optimization, I realized there are some inputs that are not mentioned in the instructions which in my opinion should be key in the optimization process.

The inputs am referring to are the first top five parameters as listed below;

1. bar

2. averaging period

3. horizontal shift

4. smoothing type

5. type of price or handle

Furthermore, when I tried to optimize the EA as per the instructions, it was only producing Zero Trades in the Optimization Results section!!! I believe this result has something to do with the above five parameters missing in the instructions.

Could you kindly provide the instructions on how to optimize the above five parameters in relationship to the perceptrons!!!

I shall be grateful for your positive response to all the above. Thank you