Chart not opening or updating - page 2

Sergey Golubev:

Works for me too 

Worked perfectly for me too, until today :(

Did you have any indicators,experts, or templates loaded to the charts when you closed it the last time it was still working?

whroeder1:
Try old Mt4 trick, drag market watch symbol to the chart.
Well that brings up the past data onto the chart, which is a step in the right direction.  But no new ticks are being drawn.

Marco vd Heijden:
Did you have any indicators,experts, or templates loaded to the charts when you closed it the last time it was still working?
Yes I did.

cstangor:
Well that brings up the past data onto the chart, which is a step in the right direction.  But no new ticks are being drawn.
Well actually it only partially brought up the past data -- for hour chart, but not minutely.

Maybe you can try to install a second instance in a different location and log in with the same account(s) to see what that does.

cstangor:
Well actually it only partially brought up the past data -- for hour chart, but not minutely.

Seems a connection issue, it's downloading data but very slowly.

Try to remove all symbols from Market Watch. And keep only this chart. 

I think this was all caused by an unruly indicator. It seems that you can write an indicator that, although it seems to be written with normal code, somehow gets stuck on the chart and cannot be removed by deleting it, and also prevents the OnCalculate loop from executing properly.  It created quite a mess.  I can share more with you if you want.  Thanks everyone for all of their help.

cstangor:

I was able to open a new demo account, no problem. Tick charts work fine. Market depth works fine. It's just the chart that won't draw.

How many MT5 instances were installed/opened on your PC?

As far as I remember - I could not open more than 17 MT4 in dedicated server (if I install/open more so I will have 'waiting for update' sign).

may be - you ahve some programs working/running on your PC in the same time ... skype, and more and more ...

It should be written something in computer logs about why MT5 can not be intialized in the normal way ...

Memory? I do not think you are on Pentium I with Windows 95 ... but we never know ...

cstangor:

I think this was all caused by an unruly indicator. It seems that you can write an indicator that, although it seems to be written with normal code, somehow gets stuck on the chart and cannot be removed by deleting it, and also prevents the OnCalculate loop from executing properly.  It created quite a mess.  I can share more with you if you want.  Thanks everyone for all of their help.

Already fixed?
Yes, good to know.
Reason: