Connectivity issues with Build 1031 - page 2

Ivo Luhse:

I have the exact MT4 connection issue as you say.

It happens on 2 diffrenet VPS (same provider) with 2 diffrenet brokers so I'm pretty sure its an MT4 issue.

Did you ever get this sorted?

Hello! I disabled the following options in networking device settings. With that, situation seems to have improved but still sometimes appears. So I'm not down to the technical root cause.
TCP Checksum Offload (Rx&Tx->IPv4/v6)
Large Send Offload (IPv4/6)
IPv4 Checksum Offload (Rx&Tx->Disabled).
I installed FX Blue Auto Restart (free of charge) which will restart the terminal in case it gets disconnected.
I could also try a different VPN but don't want to spend time for that at the moment, especially with your comment. Also one other person from this community wrote me who also has the same problem!
It's good to hear I'm not the only one.

I m having exact same issue where I am running about five MT4 terminals on my personal thin client Windows system. Some of these terminals lose connectivity about once a week where others terminal kept connected without issues. There are random terminals which lose connectivity and not the same terminal every time which lose connectivity.  I have upgraded to build 1065 but the issue is still persisting.

The only way to fix the issue is to manually restart the MT4 Termainal.

raindrop:

I m having exact same issue where I am running about five MT4 terminals on my personal thin client Windows system. Some of these terminals lose connectivity about once a week where others terminal kept connected without issues. There are random terminals which lose connectivity and not the same terminal every time which lose connectivity.  I have upgraded to build 1065 but the issue is still persisting.

The only way to fix the issue is to manually restart the MT4 Termainal.

Yes same here as well. I opened ticketd with service desk more than a week ago but no answer at all! I guess they eather just ingoring me or they don't speak English.

What OS are you running on your server? 

I'm running win server 2016 and starting suscect that that could be part of the problem

thaelmann:
Hello! I disabled the following options in networking device settings. With that, situation seems to have improved but still sometimes appears. So I'm not down to the technical root cause.
TCP Checksum Offload (Rx&Tx->IPv4/v6)
Large Send Offload (IPv4/6)
IPv4 Checksum Offload (Rx&Tx->Disabled).
I installed FX Blue Auto Restart (free of charge) which will restart the terminal in case it gets disconnected.
I could also try a different VPN but don't want to spend time for that at the moment, especially with your comment. Also one other person from this community wrote me who also has the same problem!
It's good to hear I'm not the only one.

Hey man,

What OS are you running?

I'm running win server 2016 and starting to suspect that this is part of the issue.

Ivo Luhse:

Hey man,

What OS are you running?

I'm running win server 2016 and starting to suspect that this is part of the issue.

Windows Server 2012 R2. So different OS...

thaelmann:
Windows Server 2012 R2. So different OS...

Same problem here....

build version 1090
OS Platform: Windwos Server 2012R

0    00:12:55.439    'xxxxxxx': login on Pepperstone-Demo02 through NY DC (ping: 88.21 ms)
0    00:12:56.986    ''xxxxxxx': login datacenter on Pepperstone-Demo02 through NY DC (ping: 88.21 ms)
0    00:12:57.220    ''xxxxxxx': previous successful authorization performed from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
1    12:52:25.579    ''xxxxxxx': datacenter connecting failed [6]
1    12:52:25.657    ''xxxxxxx': connect failed [No connection]
0    12:52:31.204    ''xxxxxxx': login on Pepperstone-Demo02 through NY DC (ping: n/a)
0    12:52:32.720    ''xxxxxxx': login datacenter on Pepperstone-Demo02 through NY DC (ping: n/a)
0    12:52:33.063    ''xxxxxxx': previous successful authorization performed from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
0    12:52:33.360    ''xxxxxxx': ping to current access point NY DC is 88.07 ms
1    13:46:27.461    ''xxxxxxx': datacenter connecting failed [6]
1    13:46:27.507    ''xxxxxxx': connect failed [No connection]

Cannot find the root-cause.

My VPN connection didnt ad a connection lost

I contacted Pepperstone, they said they had no issues on the demo2 environment

Don't know how to solve it.

But if it happened and the connection is comming back. My EA is not working correct anymore. Ticks are coming in.

So connection is recovered but my EA isn't functioning as expected. Just if some functions are not executed anymore...?!

Bert: My EA is not working correct anymore. Ticks are coming in.
If ticks are coming in you are connected. If the EA is not working:
  1. Has it has crashed. Look in the Experts tab.
  2. It's in an infinite loop. Restart the terminal and then fix your broken EA. 

whroeder1:
If ticks are coming in you are connected. If the EA is not working:
  1. Has it has crashed. Look in the Experts tab.
  2. It's in an infinite loop. Restart the terminal and then fix your broken EA. 

Yes indeed I'm connected! you can see it in the logging part. But it is just if the EA after then isn't working anymore....

After a terminal restart => yes then the EA is working again.

Besides that in the Tester my EA never was/is in an infinite loop.....

Reason: