How to remove indicators in EA testing

Hi everyone. I wonder if there is an option to hide or switch off somehow the indicators which the EA uses, so that they would not show up when you run the backtesting with "Visulization" enabled. My EA uses a lot of indis and I don't want to "see" them while testing my EA, they take a lot of space, where I would rather see the pure candle chart and deals it made. Is this possible to do in MQL5 code or? I attach all my indis this way:

macdHandle=iMACD(Symbol(),0,12,26,9,AppliedPrice);

aroonupdownHandle = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Aroon_Up_Down",ShortPeriod,false,false);

Much thanks for your help guys, best regards and happy holidays to all ;)

arcull:

Hi everyone. I wonder if there is an option to hide or switch off somehow the indicators which the EA uses, so that they would not show up when you run the backtesting with "Visulization" enabled. My EA uses a lot of indis and I don't want to "see" them while testing my EA, they take a lot of space, where I would rather see the pure candle chart and deals it made. Is this possible to do in MQL5 code or? I attach all my indis this way:

aroonupdownHandle = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Aroon_Up_Down",ShortPeriod,false,false);

In MT5 there isn't an easy way to do it. You would have to code a custom indicator that doesn't draw anything. Otherwise, you would have to make all the calculations inside the EA without calling any indicator. Regards.

arcull:

I dont know if it is similar to MT5, but in MT4 use standard template (dont use EA template, template with same name of the EA). When backtesting start, it call a template with name same to the EA. You can also delete or rename the aforementioned template.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:
In MT5 there isn't an easy way to do it. You would have to code a custom indicator that doesn't draw anything. Otherwise, you would have to make all the calculations inside the EA without calling any indicator. Regards.
Thanks Jose, I was hoping for a better solution ;) thanks anyway.

Irwan Adnan:
I dont know if it is similar to MT5, but in MT4 use standard template (dont use EA template, template with same name of the EA). When backtesting start, it call a template with name same to the EA. You can also delete or rename the aforementioned template.
Irwan, I haven't used templates very often, except when trading manually, can you please post some relevant link which explains this more in depth, much thanks

Hi everyone Just add the following code in you Init function.

int OnInit()

{

TesterHideIndicators(true);

}

Hi gays,

Ther is easy way  to hide or unhide all indicator inside strategy tester window. So, if you want to have control on this options us follow example:

input bool InpHideUnhideIndi = false;  // Hide Indi inside strategy tester window

bool ENABLE_TEST_INDICATORS = InpHideUnhideIndi ;

int OnInit() {
//-- hide indicators after test
   TesterHideIndicators(!ENABLE_TEST_INDICATORS);

return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
}

This code works fine because I use this code. Inside my code only the variable name is different, nothing else.

// It's very simple to Hide Indicators in Strategy Tester..just use this::

input bool Show_Test_Indicators = false;

//-----------------------------------

int OnInit() {

//-- Show/Hide Indicators in Strategy Tester

TesterHideIndicators(!Show_Test_Indicators);

return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);

}

Reason: