How much an amateur trader burn before attaining profitability?

How much an amateur trader burn before attaining profitability? Please share your experience.

Nothing. You do it in demo until you do attain profitability.

untilisleep:
How much an armature trader burn before attaining profitability? Please share your experience.

All of them

whroeder1:
Nothing. You do it in demo until you do attain profitability.
Okay. is this based on your experience or by theory? Coz when account is demo psychology factor behave differently . .

Demo can't help you to learn how to win. Just to test your strategy or EA online.

Yehor Pozhydaiev:
Demo can't help you to learn how to win. Just to test your strategy or EA online.
Yep. Any thoughts average loss of learning curve before becoming successful ?  50 000$ ?

untilisleep: How much an amateur trader burn before attaining profitability? Please share your experience.

I will use my experience as an example. I started off right from the beginning with a standard live account and never actually followed the DEMO route because I was impatient about making money and lacked the discipline (which I only acquired afterwards with the experience).

It took me two to three years to become proficient and recover my loses. During those first two years I lost close to €1500, with two blown accounts and a third account that had a huge draw-down before I started to recover. The first two accounts started off with €500 and the third with €1000. My first account was only for manual trading while the second for a mix of manual trading and EA's written by others. The third account which finally began to pay off, was exclusively for EAs of my own creation.

I don't really know if I would have done better with DEMO Account or even a Cent account - maybe yes, maybe no! I guess it depends on each person's state of mind and perspective.

Now I am profitable and it offers me a good income, although I still have a "day job" as IT Consultant and Software Developer, because I enjoy it. Trading by EA can become rather boring and one needs another activity to keep us active and sane!

Mohammad Soubra:
All of them
Exactly, all of them!!!!!!!!!! No gains without pains!!!!

Fernando Carreiro:

I will use my experience as an example. I started off right from the beginning with a standard live account and never actually followed the DEMO route because I was impatient about making money and lacked the discipline (which I only acquired afterwards with the experience).

It took me two to three years to become proficient and recover my loses. During those first two years I lost close to €1500, with two blown accounts and a third account that had a huge draw-down before I started to recover. The first two accounts started off with €500 and the third with €1000. My first account was only for manual trading while the second for a mix of manual trading and EA's written by others. The third account which finally began to pay off, was exclusively for EAs of my own creation.

I don't really know if I would have done better with DEMO Account or even a Cent account - maybe yes, maybe no! I guess it depends on each person's state of mind and perspective.

Now I am profitable and it offers me a good income, although I still have a "day job" as IT Consultant and Software Developer, because I enjoy it. Trading by EA can become rather boring and one needs another activity to keep us active and sane!

IMO you have lost only very little. lucky
$50 000 is the norm?

untilisleep:
IMO you have lost only very little. lucky
$50 000 is the norm?

I don't think there is any "norm"! Each situation is different!

If you think that $50K is normal for you, then it seems that you have quite an amount of cash to "burn" - Lucky you!

Livermore burn own capital 3 times he start trade after school and have max experience what can human have in own age. 
Reason: