Global Initialization failed/invalid EX4 file (8)

Hey there!

So I've been trying for the past few days to get a custom indicator working within an EA. Its the PZ Lopez Trend. I'm also using a web based coding environment called FxDreema to actually create the code.

I'm noticing though that when I have set the EA on a chart, it makes maybe two trades and then stops responding and I keep receiving the same errors:

global initialization failed

invalid EX4 file (8)

I've been googling for the past few hours to no avail :(

anybody that can help me out?

1. kingfathom: I'm also using a web based coding environment called FxDreema to actually create the code.
    • We hate EA builder
    • You couldn't be bothered to learn mql4, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
    • There are only two choices: learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds lines of code.
    • EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
    • EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (max bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time
    • EA builder makes bad code Not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers
    • EA builder makes bad code not adjusting for ECN brokers.
    • EA builder makes bad code not checking return codes.
    • EATree uses objects on chart to save values - not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/reboot.)
  2. No body can help you. We can't see your code. There are no mind readers here.
  3. invalid EX4 file (8)
    Means exactly that, your builder is incompatible with your version of the terminal.

Thank you for the quick reply!

I can post the code if that helps.

As far as a common language, I'm still exporting code and .mq4 files that can be read in MQL4. That's why I posted my question here. I guess more specifically I need to see if the iCustom function is placed properly in this code. There really are not that many full answers for this error I'm receiving. 

Your third point is very helpful in that regard. Do you know of any place where older versions of MT4 may be downloaded? I haven't been able to find anything other than release notes for older versions.

Do you mean EA Builder or EATree specifically? Or just visual editors in general that are not favorable?

I like FxDreema because it uses flow-based programming which I have some experience in already.

However if MT4 will only recognize something hand coded in it's ecosystem then I can understand that. I just want to pursue every option.

I should also mention that compiling in MetaEditor returns no errors with this code.

It seems that its too big to post using SRC so if anyone wants to take a look I've attached the .mq4 file.

Thank you for your time.
Files:

kingfathom:

Thank you for the quick reply!

I can post the code if that helps.

As far as a common language, I'm still exporting code and .mq4 files that can be read in MQL4. That's why I posted my question here. I guess more specifically I need to see if the iCustom function is placed properly in this code. There really are not that many full answers for this error I'm receiving. 

Your third point is very helpful in that regard. Do you know of any place where older versions of MT4 may be downloaded? I haven't been able to find anything other than release notes for older versions.

Do you mean EA Builder or EATree specifically? Or just visual editors in general that are not favorable?

I like FxDreema because it uses flow-based programming which I have some experience in already.

However if MT4 will only recognize something hand coded in it's ecosystem then I can understand that. I just want to pursue every option.

I should also mention that compiling in MetaEditor returns no errors with this code.

It seems that its too big to post using SRC so if anyone wants to take a look I've attached the .mq4 file.

Thank you for your time.

I think you are missing the point!

Irrespective of what "builder" you use to "generate" the code, since you did not "code" it yourself, that means that you do not have the knowledge to understand neither the problem you are faced with, nor the solution that we may give you.

Also, many of the users here on this forum, are not willing to constantly be called upon to offer a "fix" for the many bugs these "generators" and "builders" produce. If you choose to use such methods, then you should call upon the developers of said applications to have them do it properly or to offer you support on these matters.

The main objective here is to offer help and advice to those that are willing to learn the MQL language and code it manually (from scratch) and not via such "visual" methods.

PS! Getting hold of very old builds of MetaTrader is of no use to you because those versions are no longer supported and will not even connect and work with the brokers. If I am not mistaken, currently that means all builds prior to 950, are not supported.

Ok I see. Thanks for the info!
Reason: