question about obj_rectangle without fill the color but stay in background

Hi,

I wish someone can help me on this. I have come across a free 'Pattern Recognition' Indicator in the MT4 market, which draws a rectangle around the candle pattern. However this rectangle is not filled and its outline didn't overwrite the candle's shadow lines. Like in following diagram. I thought a rectangle object can't do this in MT4, since if it is set as background, then it will be filled with color. If it is not implemented as a rectangle, does anyone know how this is done? Thanks

mdeng1024:

Hi,

I wish someone can help me on this. I have come across a free 'Pattern Recognition' Indicator in the MT4 market, which draws a rectangle around the candle pattern. However this rectangle is not filled and its outline didn't overwrite the candle's shadow lines. Like in following diagram. I thought a rectangle object can't do this in MT4, since if it is set as background, then it will be filled with color. If it is not implemented as a rectangle, does anyone know how this is done? Thanks

It's probably just a line with 3 thickness

mdeng1024: I wish someone can help me on this. I have come across a free 'Pattern Recognition' Indicator in the MT4 market, which draws a rectangle around the candle pattern. However this rectangle is not filled and its outline didn't overwrite the candle's shadow lines. Like in following diagram. I thought a rectangle object can't do this in MT4, since if it is set as background, then it will be filled with color. If it is not implemented as a rectangle, does anyone know how this is done? Thanks

If you call up the Objects List (Ctrl+B) and then "List All", you will be able to see that the Graphical Chart Objects used were TrendLines and not Rectangles, just as jamescater guessed in the previous post.

Thanks RMIC, jamescater. I will check this out. As for Objects list, the author has choosen to hiden the objects, so nothing show up in the window.

mdeng1024: As for Objects list, the author has choosen to hiden the objects, so nothing show up in the window.
That is why I stated that you must click on the "List All" button and you will see all the hidden objects! Please read posts carefully and don't just skim over them!

Thanks, my bad. Yes, you and jamescater are correct, they are implemented as Trendlines. 
Reason: