How to not execute orders during huge slippage? - page 2

Warning.

Negative discussion of brokers is against forum rules

GumRai:

Warning.

Negative discussion of brokers is against forum rules

oh im sorry i didnt know! i'll amend it now!

supercallim: Oh what which broker are you using then? Oanda's spread goes crazy like 40 over pips during news Mine is Market Execution! So my Tools-Options-Trade Deviation setting will not work at all then?

As "GumRai" has just reminded us (and rightfully censored my remark), we cannot comment on or suggest Brokers. You will have to do the research and decide on a Broker by yourself.

As already stated "Market" execution has no control over slippage/deviation!

FMIC:

As "GumRai" has just reminded us (and rightfully censored my remark), we cannot comment on or suggest Brokers. You will have to do the research and decide on a Broker by yourself.

As already stated "Market" execution has no control over slippage/deviation!

Oh dear. Is it possible to create an EA for my account type at all? to manage these slippages. or as long as a broker is Market Execution type, there is no EA that will work?

supercallim: Oh dear. Is it possible to create an EA for my account type at all? to manage these slippages. or as long as a broker is Market Execution type, there is no EA that will work?

Yes! When you use an EA, you can simulate Pending orders with Market orders and you can actually have much better control with Market Orders than pending orders ever will when done in an EA. In fact, that is what I do in my own EA's and I NEVER use pending orders.

If you are are planning on hiring someone on the Freelance section to code this for you, please note that to accomplish this, you will need to select a programmer with a high degree of knowledge and experience with this kind of control of orders. A beginner or even intermediate coder will not have that ability. So, make sure to state that in your job description so that you get the expected results.

PS! When I mentioned "PM" in another post, it is short-hand for "Private Message" and you can send these types of messages, by clicking on a users profile name (which links to the MQL5 profile), and then selecting "Send Message" in order to send a direct message to that user. In order to receive (or reply to) "Private Messages" you will need to follow your own Profile on the MQL5 website, or login on the MQL5 community on your MetaTrader desktop application or mobile application.

Please note that if you decide to code your own EA, you will need to first gain the knowledge and experience before you can expect to even code an EA with the ability to simulate pending orders that adjust and compensate for slippage.

Just send you a PM, so check your MQL5 profile or chatting service on your Desktop or Mobile device.

supercallim:

Hello!

i just got a much lower price on the stop sell price i placed. How do i set it on MT4 that if market price differs too much of an amount, orders will not be executed? Do i go to the Deviation setting on MT4?

For the Deviation setting (i am on a 5 decimal place broker), say i set it to 30 pips (3pips). And i put a Stop Sell at 1.00090. Price is at 1.00100 and then jumps to 1.00040. Based on my Deviation setting, my Sell Stop will not be triggered into a trade right?

thank you!

Are you fixed it?
Reason: