History data needs to be refreshed.

In the strategy tester results tab we have the very first item as  "History Quality". SO my question is if you get bad quality history where can you initiate a redownload or try to fix the gaps. I do understand that you can't do anything if the broker has got gaps in their history but I want to know how to fix the problem if the problem is not on the brokers side? How can I initiate a redownload of the history?

ToolMaker:

In the strategy tester results tab we have the very first item as  "History Quality". SO my question is if you get bad quality history where can you initiate a redownload or try to fix the gaps. I do understand that you can't do anything if the broker has got gaps in their history but I want to know how to fix the problem if the problem is not on the brokers side? How can I initiate a redownload of the history?

I'm too seeing a poor-history issue, this time with Alpari UK.

deleting the HCC file and reloading doesn't trigger MT5 to download the history again (nor run the strat. tester), so you have to re-install from the exe (to get the files again)

ToolMaker:

How can I initiate a redownload of the history?

Click "Refresh" in the context menu of a chart. If there are changes in price history on the broker side, those changes will be applied to your downloaded price data.

Go under MQL folder on your hard drive, C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\(Current Software)\tester\history

Delete the required symbol history file.

Retest the symbol, that should trigger a new history download.

If the quality of the history is no good, re do the steps until you are satisfied with the history quality.

Reason: