tester journal search never seems to find any search terms.

For some reason, MT4 tester journal feature cannot find specific keywords, regardless of case.   I attach a screenshot showing several attempts to search.  But this bug exist for over a year now.

side question:  Why they have to be case sensitive? People need to find simple search terms, should not make it difficult for them.

--------

I always end up opening tester log file in notepad++ or other text editor and use the "find" or "search" function there to find trades with no problem.

You very probably have no logs in the time range you set for the search.

Ovo: You very probably have no logs in the time range you set for the search.
My thought exactly.
The Journal tab shows entries of 2016.09.05 13:19
The search tabs shows date filter of 2016.05.04 00 .. 2016.06.25 23:59

4evermaat Why they have to be case sensitive? People need to find simple search terms, should not make it difficult for them.
This is a user's forum not Metaquotes.

WHRoeder:
Ovo: You very probably have no logs in the time range you set for the search.
My thought exactly.
The Journal tab shows entries of 2016.09.05 13:19
The search tabs shows date filter of 2016.05.04 00 .. 2016.06.25 23:59

4evermaat Why they have to be case sensitive? People need to find simple search terms, should not make it difficult for them.
This is a user's forum not Metaquotes.

- I see that the time I was using was the tick trade time, not the time the tester actually record transaction.  I was able to find the terms in the search when I used the tester record date time stamp range.  Thanks.

- Other users may have the same issue, so it is good to get feedback among other users.  If MQ had a more proper bug tracker, where multiple users could see what is being worked on, then there wouldn't be a need for such fragmentation of forum vs service desk.  Plus it would be easy to group similar requests together. 

Reason: