Backtesting a MQL4 script on previous time windows...

First post here - so my apologies if this has been covered.
Is it possible to back-test an mql4 script on previous period of time? Is there a way to configure a server to use old chart info? I'm building a algorithm that moves on major news and executing at the right pace is very important. I'd like to back test it on previous news events. Any help would be appreciated!

That's the nature of a "back-test".

You test your expert advisor on past data to check if it's acting as you want. But if you have developed a script, make an expert advisor out of it.

sji_sji: Is it possible to back-test an mql4 script on previous period of time? Is there a way to configure a server to use old chart info? I'm building a algorithm that moves on major news and executing at the right pace is very important. I'd like to back test it on previous news events. Any help would be appreciated!

In MetaTrader 4, that is done in the "Strategy Tester". As with any application, it is best to read the documentation first before considering such basic queries.

sji_sji:
  I'd like to back test it on previous news events. Any help would be appreciated!
There is no slippage in the strategy tester so slippage that you may experience around news times on a real time chart will not happen in the tester. This can give misleading results.

And there is no tick history, only simulated from M1 OHLCV. Therefor movement during news will not be accurate.
Reason: