EA testing

Hi 

I got an EA which i want to test on multiple pairs at one go, having EA do the money management of how many trades to open.

Any ideas there would be helpful. 

Cheers,

Guri

See "All Symbols Selected in Market Watch" in documentation.

You might also create an enumeration that has the symbols you want to use in it. Then just use it input parameter.

Good luck!

Candles:

You might also create an enumeration that has the symbols you want to use in it. Then just use it input parameter.

Good luck!

It's true but what can be the advantage relative to the built-in feature ?

angevoyageur:
It's true but what can be the advantage relative to the built-in feature ?
My understanding is that using Symbols In Market Watch only uses the parameters in the 'Value' fields, so to test with new values these fields need to be changed manually for the next pass, but I maybe wrong. Using enum we can select genetic optimization or slow algo and run many passes with different values and symbols with no need for manuall input.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Candles:
My understanding is that using Symbols In Market Watch only uses the parameters in the 'Value' fields, so to test with new values these fields need to be changed manually for the next pass, but I maybe wrong. Using enum we can select genetic optimization or slow algo and run many passes with different values and symbols with no need for manuall input.
Right, of course.
Reason: