General Info About Robot

Good morning.

I know friend who want to automate his strategies. He ask me help.

My question: If I will download metatrader 4 to my pc, can I build a robot with user interface? Or maybe I have to learn MQL4? I have to build my custom robot, so I cannto buy already existing robot in the market.

So question is very simple.  What is required to buil my custom robot? MQL language or not? 

You have to learn MQL4! (or hire someone to code for you) - It will also be very helpful if you have coded in general before in a language like C or C++ or even Java or JavaScript.

However, it is difficult enough having to code a trading strategy, let alone by someone who has never traded before or knows nothing about MetaTrader. And if you have never coded before at all, then it is probably way over your head.

So, I would suggest that your friend or you try the Freelance section here on the site and hire someone to code his strategy for him. The rates are quite reasonable.

FMIC:

You have to learn MQL4! (or hire someone to code for you) - It will also be very helpful if you have coded in general before in a language like C or C++ or even Java or JavaScript.

However, it is difficult enough having to code a trading strategy, let alone by someone who has never traded before or knows nothing about MetaTrader. And if you have never coded before at all, then it is probably way over your head.

So, I would suggest that your friend or you try the Freelance section here on the site and hire someone to code his strategy for him. The rates are quite reasonable.

I can write code in java c and c++. Yes. Before read about mql4 I tried to find some api in java, without results

multivoltage:
I can write code in java c and c++. Yes. Before read about mql4 I tried to find some api in java, without results
The only API is called Metaeditor.
Reason: