Download MetaTrader 5

getting expert name from an indicator

To add comments, please log in or register
Have you discovered something really important? Write an article and receive 200 USD!
ionone
ionone 2016.04.12 09:26 

hello

is there a hack that allows to know, within an indicator, the expert name that is on the same chart as the indicator?

thanks a lot

Jeff 

whroeder1
whroeder1 2016.04.12 13:36  

Indicators indicate. Why would/should it know if an EA is on the chart?

You're working at your desk, why would/should you care if the boss is in the room?

Fernando Carreiro
Fernando Carreiro 2016.04.12 18:51  
WHRoeder:

Indicators indicate. Why would/should it know if an EA is on the chart?

You're working at your desk, why would/should you care if the boss is in the room?

@WHRoeder: Just because you have no need for it does not mean that you should ridicule the question. It is in fact a valid query and one that makes sense for many a case.

The fact is that there are "Chart" functions to identify and delete Indicators attached to a Chart. It would make sense that a "Chart" function to identify an EA would also be useful.

@ionone: Unfortunately, it does not seem there is a native function to identify an attached EA, but there could still be a work-around method.

There is a "WindowExpertName", but it only returns the name of its own scope from within an EA, Indicator or Script and not any other attached to the Chart!

whroeder1
whroeder1 2016.04.12 19:03  

FMIC: @WHRoeder: Just because you have no need for it does not mean that you should ridicule the question. .

It is in fact a valid query and one that makes sense for many a case.

1. I didn't ridicule anything. I don't know why it would ever be necessary. So I asked.
  2. Apparently you can't come up with a valid reason either.
To add comments, please log in or register