create custom candles and apply indicators in MT5

Hi

i would like to know if it is possible in MT5 to create a custom candle display (with OHLC values but different from the usual display) and apply any indicator to the new display ?

i think MT5 is amazing and i think it could be possible but i need confirmation before starting a long programming task

thanks a lot

Jeff

Jean Francois Le Bas:

Hi

i would like to know if it is possible in MT5 to create a custom candle display (with OHLC values but different from the usual display) and apply any indicator to the new display ?

i think MT5 is amazing and i think it could be possible but i need confirmation before starting a long programming task

thanks a lot

Jeff

ok i'm answering my own question

i think it would be possible to create an offline chart that behaves the way i want then apply indis to it

but is there a way without offline charts?

thanks

Jeff

MT5 doesn't have offline charts.

Jean Francois Le Bas:

Hi

thanks a lot

Jeff

MT5 has custom symbol which allow you to create your own chart. It's similar to MT4 offline charts.

What is "OHLC values but different from the usual display" ?

Alain Verleyen:

MT5 has custom symbol which allow you to create your own chart. It's similar to MT4 offline charts.

What is "OHLC values but different from the usual display" ?

well like renko for example which has OHLC but is displaying price differently

Custom symbol is the way to go i think ! i prefer that to offline charts

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/20254
Renko 2.0 Offline
Renko 2.0 Offline
  • www.mql5.com
ErrorDesc Printing GetLastError() and MqlTradeResult retcode as text description. Schaff Trend Cycle The Schaff Trend Cycle (STC) indicator detects up and down trends long before the MACD. It does this by using the same Exponential Moving Averages (EMAs), but adds a cycle component to factor currency cycle trends. Since currency cycle...

Alain Verleyen:
https://www.mql5.com/en/code/20254

thanks !

Jeff

Reason: