How to obtain indicator values

Hi guys,

I have this indicator (MBFX Timing) and I'd like to take a signal when it change color. If I use the iCustom function it gives me just the value, is there a way to take the colour of the line?

Thank you! 

The colors will most likely correspond to different buffers.

If you open data window (CTRL+D) and move your crosshairs over different sections of the line you should be able to figure out which buffer relates to that color.

honest_knave:

The colors will most likely correspond to different buffers.

If you open data window (CTRL+D) and move your crosshairs over different sections of the line you should be able to figure out which buffer relates to that color.

Thank you! I already know which buffer is related to the different colours. My problem is to obtain the color from the EA.

Sweps:

Thank you! I already know which buffer is related to the different colours. My problem is to obtain the color from the EA.

Normally, it should be different buffers for different colors - you can't create a multicolored line in MQL4. This effect is made with 3 different lines all colored differently.

Sometimes it is as easy as checking if the buffer != EMPTY_VALUE and you know that color is active. 

Let's say there are 3 buffers.

Buffer 0 is the red color, Buffer 1 is the green color, Buffer 2 is the yellow color.

If Buffer 0 == 1.27 while Buffers 1 and 2 are empty, then the line is red.

If Buffer 1 == 1.27 while Buffers 0 and 2 are empty, then the line is green.

If Buffer 2 == 1.27 while Buffers 0 and 1 are empty, then the line is yellow. 

I hope that makes sense 

honest_knave:

Normally, it should be different buffers for different colors - you can't create a multicolored line in MQL4. This effect is made with 3 different lines all colored differently.

Sometimes it is as easy as checking if the buffer != EMPTY_VALUE and you know that color is active. 

Let's say there are 3 buffers.

Buffer 0 is the red color, Buffer 1 is the green color, Buffer 2 is the yellow color.

If Buffer 0 == 1.27 while Buffers 1 and 2 are empty, then the line is red.

If Buffer 1 == 1.27 while Buffers 0 and 2 are empty, then the line is green.

If Buffer 2 == 1.27 while Buffers 0 and 1 are empty, then the line is yellow. 

I hope that makes sense 

Yes it does, thank you! I'm just having problem reaching the values of the buffers. I mean, for what I know the only way to take indicator values from EA is through the iCustom function:

This is what i tried:

MBFXTGreen = iCustom(NULL,0,"MBFX Timing",param1,param2,0,0); 

MBFXTYellow = iCustom(NULL,0,"MBFX Timing",param1,param2,1,0);

MBFXTRed = iCustom(NULL,0,"MBFX Timing",param1,param2,2,0); 

I've understood that is the second to last parameter which select the buffers.

But actually I can't get the correct values. Am I doing something wrong? 

Problem solved. Thanks! :)
Reason: