Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Interested in MQL5 features? Find them in documentation!
Trololo Tromberino
Trololo Tromberino 2015.11.19 10:58 

Hello there,

i have a question: Maybe you know the super trend indicator. I want to use it for my StopLoss.

But somehow this is crazy: When i ask for it´s value on the chart it looks very normal! It shows the normal price on the chart, that it should have.

But when i ask in the code for the value i get something like this: SLLONG: 214783646; Ordersend error 130; Ordersend -1 successfully.

I think i get the ordersend error from that weird stoploss. Do you know what i could have done wrong?

Here is how i use it:

double sl_long = iCustom(NULL,0,"SuperTrend",10,3.0,0,1)-abst*Point;
double sl_short = iCustom(NULL,0,"SuperTrend",10,3.0,0,1)+abst*Point;

if(....){
int sl = sl_long;
Print("Sllong", sl);
int ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,sl_long,0,"my order",16384,0,Green);
if (ticket){
}
}

(The same with short positions)

I would be super glad if you could help me out, i´m sitting on this problem for days now.

Best regards

PS: I´m sorry for the short version of the code, but something is wrong with this website on the edge browser. You cannot press enter...that´s why i had to type on my macbook.

So i had to type the code by hand :)

Keith Watford
Keith Watford 2015.11.19 11:39  

Looks like the indicator is returning EMPTY_VALUE

int ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,sl_long,0,"my order",16384,0,Green);
if (ticket){

OrderSend returns an integer, so don't check it as if it is a boolean.

OrderSend only returns a positive integer for the ticket number if the trade is successful or -1 if it fails. It never returns 0.

It doesn't matter whether the trade is successful or not. ticket will either be a positive integer or -1 and

if (ticket)

will return true for both

whroeder1
whroeder1 2015.11.19 11:49  
TTromberino: Maybe you know the super trend indicator. SLLONG: 214783646;
  1. Don't expect us to know which of the dozen versions you are using and whether it's the version that works on build 600.
  2. List of MQL4 Constants - MQL4 Documentation -> Other constants - MQL4 Documentation ->

EMPTY_VALUE

Empty value in an indicator buffer. Default custom indicator empty value

2147483647 (0x7FFFFFFF)

3. Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 forum
  4. This version has two buffers up/down but you aren't using the second.
    double sl_long = iCustom(NULL,0,"SuperTrend",10,3.0,0,1)-abst*Point;
    double sl_short = iCustom(NULL,0,"SuperTrend",10,3.0,0,1)+abst*Point;
Trololo Tromberino
Trololo Tromberino 2015.11.19 14:54  
WHRoeder:
  1. Don't expect us to know which of the dozen versions you are using and whether it's the version that works on build 600.
  2. List of MQL4 Constants - MQL4 Documentation -> Other constants - MQL4 Documentation ->

EMPTY_VALUE

Empty value in an indicator buffer. Default custom indicator empty value

2147483647 (0x7FFFFFFF)

3. Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 forum
  4. This version has two buffers up/down but you aren't using the second.

First of all thank you for replying so fast!

@GumRai So if i wanna use this i have to say

if(ticket < 0) Print("fail");
else Print("success");

So if it fails, i get a value below 0 and above 0 it was a success...correct?

@WHRoeder 1.: I´m sorry of course you cannot know. Here you go: http://www.forex-indikatoren.com/super-trend-indikator

2.: Thank you very much! I think i got it now! This means that my indicator doesn´t return a value. Instead he just says above or below price, right?

So how can i get the value of the indicator then? O.O

3.: I don´t get that...Do you mean i have to say MODE_SMA instead of 0 because i use an EA?

4.: I thought there you have to insert which mode of the indicator you want? SMA or EMA?

I´m sorry for asking stupid questions but i´m pretty new to this language and i thyhard on this ea since some weeks^^

Thanks for giving advice :)

Best regards 

whroeder1
whroeder1 2015.11.19 16:15  
you aren't using the second.
In one direction one buffer will have a value, the other won't.
Trololo Tromberino
Trololo Tromberino 2015.11.19 19:22  

Wait....you mean "mode" is like 1 side of the buffer?

Then like  

double sl_long = iCustom(NULL,0,"SuperTrend",10,3.0,1,1); gives me the long value and

double sl_short = iCustom(NULL,0,"SuperTrend",10,3.0,2,1); gives me the short value?

And  iCustom(NULL,0,"SuperTrend",10,3.0,0,1); returns no value then? That´s why i got this weird empty_value?

Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber 2015.11.20 07:45  

Your link provide the source code and you can see:

SetIndexBuffer(0, TrendUp);
   SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_LINE, STYLE_SOLID, 2);
   SetIndexLabel(0, "Trend Up");
   SetIndexBuffer(1, TrendDown);
   SetIndexStyle(1, DRAW_LINE, STYLE_SOLID, 2);
   SetIndexLabel(1, "Trend Down");

That means:

This indicator has only two buffers 0 (Buy) and 1(Sell) so this "double sl_short = iCustom(NULL,0,"SuperTrend",10,3.0,2,1);" will fail!!

If you don't know the code look in the data window how many values does the indicator provides, start counting at zero!

/
To add comments, please log in or register