Different Ticks: DDEServer - onTick()

Hi,

as i trade with multicharts i need to beam the ticks with the integrated DDEServer of MT4.

I compared the dde ticks with the one, i get in the onTick() method of an ea. i only added: printf(MarketInfo("GBPCAD",MODE_BID) ); 
So i think there should be no performance issue. i reduced the symbollist of mt4, only eurcad and gbpcad are listet and beamed via dde.

so, if i compare the ticks, they are different. the onTick are sometimes lower then the dde ticks, about 0,2 points.
And if markts moves, there is a differenz of 200-300ms. sometimes the dde ticks move earlier and sometimes the ea ticks.

Does anyone have an idea why?

And what is the correct data now?

Thx

HansFX 

hansfx:

And what is the correct data now?

There is no correct data, each broker provide his own feed, (flood? stream ?).

Brokers are retailers, they buy -say- EURUSD on a main market, and then sell it to traders.

I think brokers smooth the main feed before reselling it, so that they don't loose money, or even they earn a few point.

Each broker has his own politic about all that, and ticks provided by differents brokers are alway different.

well this is what I beleive, I have no evidence about that, broker don't communicate, and discution about broker are forbiden on this forum. So ..... !

i agree, but the data i compared are from the same broker, the same mt4 terminal.

So why does mt4 terminal provide different data?

DDE-Server of mt4 terminal deliveres different data than the onTick() method gets! 

I see, this is an MT4 issue, look for a moderator maybe,

ffoorr:
I see, this is an MT4 issue, look for a moderator maybe,
how can i contact an moderator?

angevoyageur is on the MT5 forum, up on this page, click on code base, then forum.

ffoorr:

There is no correct data, each broker provide his own feed, (flood? stream ?).

Brokers are retailers, they buy -say- EURUSD on a main market, and then sell it to traders.

I think brokers smooth the main feed before reselling it, so that they don't loose money, or even they earn a few point.

Each broker has his own politic about all that, and ticks provided by differents brokers are alway different.

well this is what I beleive, I have no evidence about that, broker don't communicate, and discution about broker are forbiden on this forum. So ..... !

Some brokers do this, some do not because of how they are set up to do trading.  Some brokers even have the different trading methods available all under one figurative roof.  That style you are talking about is called a Market Maker, according to what I have read.  They have a large pile of items to buy and sell from, sort of a mini-market all their own.  Another style is called ECN (Electronic Communications Network).  From my limited understanding of this, the best analogy I can come up with is it is like a huge classified ad section from your local newspaper, limited to the market traded items obviously.  But your orders are put into the pile, both buy and sell, and people on the other side of those trades are doing the same thing.  As the buy and sell prices and the desired volume match, the orders are filled, sometimes all of it, sometimes only partial fills.

Edit:  Found this thread that might help to explain the differences better than I could.

Reason: