How to add an indicator to a chart?

Hi,

I looked into documentation and I only function to delete indicator to a chart.

My question is : How can I add from mql4 language an indicator to a specific chart?

Thanks 

In MQL5 you can use ChartIndicatorAdd()

As that doesn't appear to have been implemented in MQL4 you are left with:

1. Create a template containing your indicator; and

2. Using ChartApplyTemplate()

Not an ideal solution, for many reasons... 

Thanks for the answer. 

Can you explain what you thing it is not an ideal solution?

Often people have lots of other things on the chart too - line studies, indicators, EA.

You apply a new template and it all disappears (unless it happens to be included in the template).

dudufx: My question is : How can I add from mql4 language an indicator to a specific chart?

Adding indicators is for the Human to see. Therefor you add them to the chart and create a template in case you need to create a new chart.

No need to add them in code.

WHRoeder:

Adding indicators is for the Human to see. Therefor you add them to the chart and create a template in case you need to create a new chart.

No need to add them in code.

What if your code is trying to read the levels generated by those indicators?  (New to programming in MQL, sorry if this is an obvious answer to someone who does it more.)

JD4:
What if your code is trying to read the levels generated by those indicators?  (New to programming in MQL, sorry if this is an obvious answer to someone who does it more.)

Under those circumstances you would use iCustom 

JD4: What if your code is trying to read the levels generated by those indicators?
Then you read them. Ima, or iCustom. EA's have no eyes. The indicators don't need to be attached to the chart.

TY knave and WHRoeder.
Reason: