Start on history data menu item disabled

Under the MetaEditor4 Debug menu there is an option "Start on History Data", however it is disabled.  Reading through the help file indicates that I need to set Debug options to use specific settings which I have done (see attachment), however the menu item is still disabled (greyed out) with no message of any kind as to why this it.  Does anyone have an idea how to enable it?

logic_cube:

Under the MetaEditor4 Debug menu there is an option "Start on History Data", however it is disabled.  Reading through the help file indicates that I need to set Debug options to use specific settings which I have done (see attachment), however the menu item is still disabled (greyed out) with no message of any kind as to why this it.  Does anyone have an idea how to enable it?

This feature is for MT5 only. (I don't know if it's planned for MT4).

Just got confirmation : not planned for MT4.

Thanks a lot for your reply I will use MT5 for this feature.

how do i test my ea for history data in MT4

logic_cube:

It would be so nice to have MT4 the capability to debug on historical data.

Suhail Chougule:

It would be so nice to have MT4 the capability to debug on historical data.

What prevents you to do so?

Whenever you use past data you can debug - exactly the same as on current data. Just check the use date option to enable the exact period you want to be tested

Mladen Rakic:

What prevents you to do so?

Whenever you use past data you can debug - exactly the same as on current data. Just check the use date option to enable the exact period you want to be tested

Not possible on MT4
the menu item is still disabled (greyed out)
Visual mode is not Debugging.

Alain Verleyen:

This feature is for MT5 only. (I don't know if it's planned for MT4).

Just got confirmation : not planned for MT4.

Hi

Is there any politic that we could debug mql4 program in MT5 without converting it to mql5 ?

thanks

No. Can you drive your car in the ocean, or your boat down the highway?
Reason: