Download MetaTrader 5

Select -all- vertical and trend lines on chart

To add comments, please log in or register
Articles can help you to solidify your knowledge. Come and read them!
Chistabo
Chistabo 2015.04.24 19:00 

Hi!

I just can't find sample code to select either vertical or trend line (actually both) on chart.

The idea is to (toggle with button) hide/show objects on chart, i.e. vertical and trend lines (which clutter my chart, but i am possessed (LOL) and addicted (LOL again) by them; I need them as much as a guitar needs strings).

First idea was to loop-find all (wanted) objects on chart, and write their color into external file, then set color to CLR_NONE, and back. Quite mind-laborious. Then I found out that easiest way would be to set visibility via timeframe - if all (wanted) objects are drawn on 'OBJ_NO_PERIODS', they will (visibility-wise) disappear from chart; then we set timeframe back.

So, please help me - how do I select ALL OBJ_VLINE and OBJ_TREND, which have varying 'Name' (i.e. "2015.04.07 14:38 +3") and 'Description' (i.e. "Ca@6 fr Nk L Bu") properties, so I can then ObjectSet(?allNames?, OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES, OBJ_PERIOD_M1|OBJ_PERIOD_M15|OBJ_PERIOD_H1) etc.?

This is the only romance I managed to scratch together:

//--- custom function ---
void HideTrendVerticalLinesToggle() // easiest way - set timeframe to OBJ_NO_PERIODS, EMPTY, then back to TF OBJ_PERIOD_M1|OBJ_PERIOD_M15|OBJ_PERIOD_H1
  {// loop through objects on chart and find ObjectType OBJ_VLINE & OBJ_TREND
// test
   for(int i=ObjectsTotal()-1;i>=0;i--)
     {
      if(ObjectType(0)==OBJ_VLINE) Print("OBjectType OBJ_VLINE prints "+ObjectType(0));
     }
     Print("Button [ Toggle Line Visibility ] pressed!"); // test
  }

No need to tell it does nothing similar to what I would do if I was a computer. LOL!

According to (https://book.mql4.com/appendix/objects), OBJ_VLINE (type) = (has) 0 (value). Lost...

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Simon

S love nia

Chistabo
Chistabo 2015.04.24 19:48  

OK, I did my homework (trial and error, that is) and this code works as a charm:

//--- HIDE TREND LINES AND VERTICAL LINES ON CHART --------------------------------------------------------
void HideTrendVerticalLinesToggle() // easiest way - set timeframe to OBJ_NO_PERIODS, EMPTY, then back to TF OBJ_PERIOD_M1|OBJ_PERIOD_M15|OBJ_PERIOD_H1
  {// loop through objects on chart and find ObjectType OBJ_VLINE & OBJ_TREND --- https://forum.mql4.com/67461
// test
   for(int i=ObjectsTotal()-1;i>=0;i--)
     {
      string name=ObjectName(i);
      if(ObjectType(name)==OBJ_VLINE) {ObjectSet(name,OBJPROP_SELECTED,true);Print("Names are: "+name);}
     }
//--- Print ---
  }

I guess it can be further minimized, but not in the mood now. Any suggestions?

Besta regarda,

Simon

S love nia

Chistabo
Chistabo 2015.04.24 21:52  

Here is completed code, it works (mas o menos):

//--- global variable ---
bool ...,HideTrendVerticLines;
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| ChartEvent function                                              |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
void OnChartEvent(const int id,const long &lparam,const double &dparam,const string &sparam)
  {
   ResetLastError();
   if(id==CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK)
     {
      if(ObjectType(sparam)==OBJ_BUTTON)
        {
         btnName=sparam;
         ButtonPressed(0,sparam);
        }
     }
// ChartRedraw();
  }
//--- custom function ---
void ButtonPressed(long chartID,string sparam)
  {
   ObjectSetInteger(chartID,sparam,OBJPROP_BORDER_COLOR,clrBlack);
   ChartRedraw();
   if(sparam=="btn_HideTrendVerticLines")HideTrendVerticalLinesToggle(HideTrendVerticLines);
   Sleep(100);
   ObjectSetInteger(chartID,sparam,OBJPROP_BORDER_COLOR,btnBorClr);
   ChartRedraw();
  }
//--- HIDE TREND LINES AND VERTICAL LINES ON CHART --------------------------------------------------------
void HideTrendVerticalLinesToggle(bool hideTrendVerticLines)
  {// https://forum.mql4.com/67461
   HideTrendVerticLines=hideTrendVerticLines;
   int i;
   switch(HideTrendVerticLines)
     {
      case false:
        {
         for(i=ObjectsTotal()-1;i>=0;i--)
           {
            if(ObjectType(name)==OBJ_VLINE || ObjectType(name)==OBJ_TREND || ObjectType(name)==OBJ_ARROW) // TODO: search/show/hide on main window (chart) only
              {
               ObjectSet(name,OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES,OBJ_NO_PERIODS); // you might try OBJ_PERIOD_W1, OBJ_NO_PERIODS works iratic
               Print("Setting vertical and trend lines and arrows to Timeframe OBJ_NO_PERIODS. Object Name = "+name); // test
              }
           }
         ChartRedraw();HideTrendVerticLines=true;break; // probably works without 'ChartRedraw()' too
        }
      case true:
        {
         for(i=ObjectsTotal()-1;i>=0;i--)
           {
            if(ObjectType(name)==OBJ_VLINE || ObjectType(name)==OBJ_TREND)
              {
               ObjectSet(name,OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES,OBJ_PERIOD_M1|OBJ_PERIOD_M15|OBJ_PERIOD_H1);
               Print("Setting vertical and trend lines to Timeframe M1,M15,H1. Object Name = "+name); // test
              }
            if(ObjectType(name)==OBJ_ARROW)
              {
               ObjectSet(name,OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES,OBJ_PERIOD_H1);
               Print("Setting arrows to Timeframe H1. Object Name = "+name); // test
              }
           }
         ChartRedraw();HideTrendVerticLines=false;break;
        }
     }
   Print("HideTrendVerticLines = "+HideTrendVerticLines); // test
  }

It took me some time to figure out that ObjectSet(name,OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES,OBJ_NO_PERIODS); does NOT hides the objects; therefore I 'beamed them up' into weekly timeframe, which I extremely rarely check. Monthly would do the same trick.

This code will 'hide and show' objects from main and sub windows; I need to figure it out how to hide/show on main window only. Help please!

Best regards,

Simon

S love nia

Chistabo
Chistabo 2015.04.25 07:55  

ObjectSet(name,OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES,OBJ_NO_PERIODS) does work just fine; I must have wrong-coded something.

This:

if((ObjectType(name)==OBJ_VLINE || ObjectType(name)==OBJ_TREND || ObjectType(name)==OBJ_ARROW)&&ObjectFind(0,name)==0)

(...&&ObjectFind(0,name)==0)) will search on main window only.

Best regards,

Simon

S love nia
To add comments, please log in or register