CopyBuffer MQL5 in MQL4

Hello Forum, good day.

I started out learning MQL5 a couple months ago and now need to translate an EA to MQL4 because the broker I will work with hasn't make the upgrade/migration to MQL5 and MT5 yet :(. Reading the docs, so far I've encountered several differences mainly on the way that orders are placed, and in this particular case, how to get/copy the data from a specified buffer of a certain indicator to a specific array (CopyBuffer). What I need is to copy the data from several indicators to arrays (Plus_DI[], MinusDI[]) and compare them (current +DI with -DI).

Here is what I need to change from MQL5 to MQL4: 

int OnInit() {
    ADX_Handle = iADX(NULL, 0, ADX_Period);
}

void OnTick() {

CopyBuffer(ADX_Handle, 1, 1, 1, Plus_DI);

CopyBuffer(ADX_Handle, 2, 1, 1, Minus_DI);

if ( Plus_DI[0] > Minus_DI[0] ) {

... place order 

} else {

... place order	

}
}

I've looked at the MQL4 docs and found the next example: 

iADX(NULL,0,14,PRICE_HIGH,MODE_PLUSDI,0)

I don't know if this is the way to do it, but in this case I don't need the price because I'm already using iOpen() / iHigh() / iLow() / iClose() type of functions to get the price of the candles and compare them.

I would really appreciate the help of a more experienced programmer in MQL4. 

Regards and thank you in advance,

codeMolecules. 

1) Have you read the MQL4 Docs? What does iADX(..) return? A handle?

2) Do you need in an EA the all the values of an indicator?

That's why an indicator has OnCalulate(const int rates_total, ..., const int& spread[]) while an EA has OnTick().

codeMolecules:

I've looked at the MQL4 docs and found the next example: 

iADX(NULL,0,14,PRICE_HIGH,MODE_PLUSDI,0)

I don't know if this is the way to do it, but in this case I don't need the price because I'm already using iOpen() / iHigh() / iLow() / iClose() type of functions to get the price of the candles and compare them.

I can appreciate your confusion. I am used to accessing indicator values in Mt4. I have not done a lot of work with MT5 and the way to retrieve indicator values seems totally alien to me. I can see that it would be the same for you having learnt to code in mq5 and trying to convert to mq4.

The PRICE_HIGH is the applied price for the indicator and is necessary otherwise you are not instructing the EA/Indicator to retrieve value for the indicator calculated on open, close high, low, median etc. 

With mql5 you proceed in 2 steps, first you get an handle to the indicator, then you copy the needed value(s) with CopyBuffer().

With mql4 you have only 1 step, but you can only get 1 value at a time. Also as stated by GumRai, there is 1 more parameter with iADX mql4 version.

int OnInit() 
  {
   ADX_Handle=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period);
  }
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                                  |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
void OnTick() 
  {

CopyBuffer(ADX_Handle,1,1,1,Plus_DI);
   double Plus_DI=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,1,1);

CopyBuffer(ADX_Handle,2,1,1,Minus_DI);
   double Minus_DI=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,2,1);

if(Plus_DI[0]>Minus_DI[0]) 
     {

... place order

} else {

... place order

}
  }

I want to convert these lines into from MQL5 into MQL4
double haOpen[], haClose[];
CopyBuffer(handleheikenAshi, 0, 1, 1, haOpen);
CopyBuffer(handleheikenAshi, 3, 1, 1, haClose); 
Improperly formatted code edited by moderator.

@mohammadengineer anas #: i want to convert these lines into from mql5 into mql4

You don't. Read the thread.

Reason: