Optimisation (Backtest) in MT4

Hello,

i want to know why you can optimize some EAs and some not? I have the problem, that one of my EAs works normal, but if i want to optimize it there is nothing in the window, just nothing happens.

Has the code to be coded in a special form for it or what can i do ?

thx and greet

1) Do you have the code or have you bought the EA - then it's maybe disabled?

2) Is there zero-devide (tester => journal tab)?

3) Tester settings checked: Spread,...

4) expert-folders checked?

This is the fault in the Journal : In some Pairs the Optimization works and in some not. For Example in EURUSD it works, but not in GBPUSD..

2014.11.15 14:33:44.418    Tester: cache file "C:\Users\FX90\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\C4CE7E5647DA1EB91E3C2593C03B1A28\tester\caches\Daily Pivot EA_v01.GBPUSD5.2" found and can be used for further optimization

2014.11.15 14:33:44.418    TestGenerator: actual tick file "C:\Users\FX90\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\C4CE7E5647DA1EB91E3C2593C03B1A28\tester\history\GBPUSD5_2.fxt" found

Fx90: i want to know why you can optimize some EAs and some not? I have the problem, that one of my EAs works normal, but if i want to optimize it there is nothing in the window, just nothing happens. Has the code to be coded in a special form for it or what can i do ?
  1. EA must return from start.
  2. Under the tester you only have 100-1000 bars of history initially. Does it require more? Do you handle it?
  3. If it looks at other pairs/TF, do not assume that their indexes match chart under test indexes. (Must use iBarShift.)
  4. Testing Features and Limits in MetaTrader 4

thx but it dont works anyway..
Reason: