EA to run on offline chart MT4

Hello,

around one year ago I could make an EA work on an offline chart.

But now I see it's not working anymore.

After checking I see there is no tick data coming on the offline chart to trigger the EA to run start() function or onTick() function.

Maybe this feature has been changed since the release of the new MT4 platform recently?

Anyone knows how to make an EA run on offline chart?

Thanks.

I did not notice any change in the update behaviour, indicators and EAs run on my charts the same way they ran before.

trader_yang: After checking I see there is no tick data coming on the offline chart
The data structures have changed since build 600. Are you using an updated generator?

WHRoeder:
trader_yang: After checking I see there is no tick data coming on the offline chart
The data structures have changed since build 600. Are you using an updated generator?

Thank you for your reply.

Maybe I was not clear before. I re-explain myself:
I would like to make another EA to work on the offline chart. But the EA added to the offline chart never gets its functions Start() or onTick() called.

Can you please help me or give me any advice on how to make an EA work on the offline chart?

By the way I am using MT4 build 670.

trader_yang: Can you please help me or give me any advice on how to make an EA work on the offline chart?
Yes. NOTHING. It works on an offline chart just like a normal chart.
It is the GENERATOR, that must trigger the update.
Now answer my original question:

Hi,

I have the same problem too.

I am running on version 670 and my offline chart is just not moving/ticking at all.

Does anyone have a solution on that?

Thank you.

Hi

So, it was not resolved yet.

Is there any way to make onTick() function to work on offline chart?

Who can answer???

eyalgiga:

Hi

Who can answer???

I agree that there is clearly an issue with offline charts. Certainly there is an issue with ver 745.

If you use the new provided script for PeriodConverter, you will find that any EA's attached to the offline chart, will not work - e.g., no trades opened.

The EA will work on say a 1min chart, but try on a 3min offline, and it won't.

Everything was okay with version 711 

davidb_012:

I agree that there is clearly an issue with offline charts. Certainly there is an issue with ver 745.

If you use the new provided script for PeriodConverter, you will find that any EA's attached to the offline chart, will not work - e.g., no trades opened.

The EA will work on say a 1min chart, but try on a 3min offline, and it won't.

Everything was okay with version 711 

Looks like I may have solved it.

Going into properties on the Offline Chart, and unselect the Offline check box.

Trades are now being opened by the EA. This wasn't a requirement in the past, as all my other charts running on version 711, have the boxed checked and trades are opened.

Try it and see if it solves the problem.

eyalgiga:

Hi

Who can answer???

The solution is given here:  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/151268

Basically it is the old MT4 method of generating a fake tick with the RegisterWindowMessageA() call changed to RegisterWindowMessageW() because of the change in B600+ from Ansi to Unicode strings.

davidb012:

Looks like I may have solved it.

Going into properties on the Offline Chart, and unselect the Offline check box.

Trades are now being opened by the EA. This wasn't a requirement in the past, as all my other charts running on version 711, have the boxed checked and trades are opened.

Try it and see if it solves the problem.

This worked perfectly for me. Thank you so much. I was having a headache with this. Awesome mate

Reason: