Control an Indicator/Expert advisor remotely

Hi all my friends,

I want to know whether it is possible to control an indicator, which you've sold, remotely or not?

Suppose that you've developed an indicator and you sold it, now you want to deactivate it through internet and remotely in order to make it impossible to work afterwards. or you want to trace the IP address of your customer when using your indicator or even understand how many times the customer used your indicator.

Thanking in advance for your time. 

in this century everything is possible

qjol:
in this century everything is possible

I'd concur with it , but my question is how to do so? 

My way is sending the http post request in init() and then in regular intervals, following the server answer in MQL.

But this is not the most difficult part - rather difficult is a way how to identify the user. There are users that change IP every minute, customers with no disk ID, users running the terminal on a defective Windows emulator, users changing hardware every few months.

DeepThought:

rather difficult is a way how to identify the user.

very simple

input string UserName = "" //enter your user name

qjol:

very simple

Indeed. 

DeepThought:

My way is sending the http post request in init() and then in regular intervals, following the server answer in MQL.

But this is not the most difficult part - rather difficult is a way how to identify the user. There are users that change IP every minute, customers with no disk ID, users running the terminal on a defective Windows emulator, users changing hardware every few months.

In the software terms of service, you can limit how many times a user can change machines for fair use.  Maybe once a week or something similar.  How often does one really change computers?  Especially an EA that is designed to be used on a VPS.   I don't know of a reliable vps company that does not issue dedicated IPs or dedicated sub-domains per server.

4evermaat:

In the software terms of service, you can limit how many times a user can change machines for fair use.  Maybe once a week or something similar.  How often does one really change computers?  Especially an EA that is designed to be used on a VPS.   I don't know of a reliable vps company that does not issue dedicated IPs or dedicated sub-domains per server.

Yes, you can limit or allow whatever, supposing you managed to identify the installation properly. That is what I meant. Everything else is not a problem, it is just a supervision.

thank you all for your responses but I think we've gone a little bit off the topic.

We know that the remote controlling would be possible for the indicators/expert advisors by means of internet but the main problem is the method and procedure of doing it. The exact question is that what we should do to have a full control on our indicators from distant.Such as tracing the IP of user or the number that the program has been used or disabling/deactivating the indicator for any reason so that the user can not use it anymore. Does anyone know how to do so? is there any specific code or any dll to use in order to have such facilities?

Are you asking what to use for http request? Use WebRequest function. You do not need a DLL for the request currently.

For what to record - depends on you. I record only last application status to DB and entire post request to a log, and I scratch logs older than 3 months with respect to customers privacy.

Reason: