DLL for commercially protection

Hi guys,

I'm trying to understand the different way of protecting our EA or indicators that we're developing.

I've searched the web and especially the mql4 forum in order to find the most appropriate way of protecting our EA's and eventually I found out that the most reliable way is to use dll in our codes.

Now I do not thoroughly understand how does it protect ? does anyone know about its process of protection ? I mean the structure of protecting our codes by dll ? and I would also appreciate if anyone help me on the easiest way of using dlls in our code?

Thanking in advance for your time,

Hope the best, 

Build 600+ introduced more robust protection against decompilation.

I also understand that .ex4's through the market are encrypted, if you want further protection.

You may (or may not) decide these changes are sufficient without going down the DLL route. 

I would love to see some OFFICIAL announcement regarding the "more robust protection against decompilation" we heard about. If there is such an announcement - will someone just post a link..? At the moment - there are a few options we can take but all will add to the cost of the product in the end. This is an extremely important facet of EA development and I was hoping we could see at least a formal article or something explaining what the company did to protect our EA's.

I thank you very much..!

Prior to b600, we had some really fancy protection code that was, dare I say, uncrackable. The current release makes a large part of that protection redundant, and most of the effort now involves coding the trading-logic into DLLs. The similar syntax of MQL4 and C code make the translation to native code in a DLL, relatively easy.

Thank you all for your responses,

I also heard about it that the Build 600 is more reliable in terms of code protection and against the decompile, but I'd rather use dll in order to make myself confident about its protection.

By the way, I still didn't get my answer about the structure of dll that how it protects the code ? what does dll exactly do?  

your kind answers are highly appreciated,

parham.trader:

Thank you all for your responses,

I also heard about it that the Build 600 is more reliable in terms of code protection and against the decompile, but I'd rather use dll in order to make myself confident about its protection.

By the way, I still didn't get my answer about the structure of dll that how it protects the code ? what does dll exactly do?  

your kind answers are highly appreciated,

You put some of the important code into the DLL,  the idea being that the DLL is harder to decompile.  Bear in mind if you are using the MT4/5 Market DLLs are not allowed in products on the market.

thank you for your guidance,

Now suppose that I've written a dll for my code , when I want to send the .ex4 file to my customers, should I also send the .dll file to them in addition of the ex4 file or the .dll file is attached to my ex4 file by default and there is no need to send it separately?

and you talked about the Martek DLLs , what do you mean by Market DLL ? 

Regards, 

parham.trader:

thank you for your guidance,

Now suppose that I've written a dll for my code , when I want to send the .ex4 file to my customers, should I also send the .dll file to them in addition of the ex4 file or the .dll file is attached to my ex4 file by default and there is no need to send it separately?

Of course you have to send the DLL.

and you talked about the Martek DLLs , what do you mean by Market DLL ? 

Regards, 

DLL are not allowed for products (EA,Indictors,Scripts) published on mql5.com Market.

angevoyageur:
Of course you have to send the DLL.

DLL are not allowed for products (EA,Indictors,Scripts) published on mql5.com Market.

Understood.

with lots of thank. 

Reason: