MT5 sell limit problem - page 2

already send the request. waiting for the response. Thank you guys!

damn! i got the response. support team said it is normal on MT5 platform. so guys be careful to trade on MT5. all mistakes will be your own. see more details please follow the link https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/trading/general_concept

jonssen:
damn! i got the response. support team said it is normal on MT5 platform. so guys be careful to trade on MT5. all mistakes will be your own. see more details please follow the link https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/trading/general_concept

I guess this is what is being referred to . . .

In the "Exchange execution" mode, the price specified when placing limit orders is not verified. It can be specified above the current Ask price (for the Buy Limit orders) and below the current Bid price (for the Sell Limit orders). When placing an order with such a price, it triggers almost immediately and turns into a market one. However, unlike market orders where a trader agrees to perform a deal by a non-specified current market price, a pending order will be executed at a price no worse than the one specified.

. . . I'm not sure I understand what this bit means . . .

However, unlike market orders where a trader agrees to perform a deal by a non-specified current market price, a pending order will be executed at a price no worse than the one specified.

what price ?

RaptorUK:

I guess this is what is being referred to . . .

. . . I'm not sure I understand what this bit means . . .

what price ?

As I understand, the price specified in the pending order. The triggered price can't be worse.

Anyway I am not aware of the possible issue with pending order in "Exchange execution" mode. Good to know.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5

angevoyageur:

As I understand, the price specified in the pending order. The triggered price can't be worse.

Anyway I am not aware of the possible issue with pending order in "Exchange execution" mode. Good to know.

Ahhhh . . . I see,  it's only an issue with Limit orders.

Interesting, I will take this down. Thank you for information.
Reason: