Is it possible to open second (and third) subwindow programmatically to an existing main window of the chart

Hi,

I hope that there is a moderator from the technical stuff of the Metaquotes who watches the questions and gives correct answer when there is no good answer from the other users.

I couldn't find answer to the question described in the subject.

With other words: Is there a supported way to open a second subwindow in MT4? Or the solution can be done only a "tricky" way by using window handles and so on.... I saw a solution like this and I didn't like it. I tried to implement it but it didn't work.

Thanks

an empty window ? or what ?

gszabo:

Hi,

I hope that there is a moderator from the technical stuff of the Metaquotes who watches the questions and gives correct answer when there is no good answer from the other users.

I couldn't find answer to the question described in the subject.

With other words: Is there a supported way to open a second subwindow in MT4? Or the solution can be done only a "tricky" way by using window handles and so on.... I saw a solution like this and I didn't like it. I tried to implement it but it didn't work.

Thanks

Yes, with an indicator.

gszabo: Is there a supported way to open a second subwindow in MT4?
See Data Function - Creation of a Normal Program - MQL4 Tutorial

WHRoeder:
gszabo: Is there a supported way to open a second subwindow in MT4?
See Data Function - Creation of a Normal Program - MQL4 Tutorial

I looked at that DataFunction tutorial and what I could see was that the program searched a window with calling of
WindowFind("inform")

It means that the program didn't CREATE a new subwindow but only tried to find an existing one. What I want is that the program (indicator or expert) itself can open a new subwindow to display something (forinstance a graph).

And I can't find solution for this.

It would be good if the developers of MT4 built a function or something in to provide a tool for opening new subwindows from a program.

gszabo:

I looked at that DataFunction tutorial and what I could see was that the program searched a window with calling of

It means that the program didn't CREATE a new subwindow but only tried to find an existing one. What I want is that the program (indicator or expert) itself can open a new subwindow to display something (forinstance a graph).

And I can't find solution for this.

It would be good if the developers of MT4 built a function or something in to provide a tool for opening new subwindows from a program.

I already answered you. You can only do that with an indicator.

angevoyageur:

Do you mean that you can write a custom indicator which automaticaly opens a 2nd subwindow besides it's own window? How does it?

No. You can create an indicator which use it's own subwindow. Then attach it to a chart when you want to create a new subwindow.

Thanks. I also knew this way. But I want to program it as I described.

So my suggestion about a new function in the MQL4 is still relevant. But I don't hope it will be materialized soon. If any...

Thank you the attention.

Bye

Alain Verleyen:

I have already tryed. If the indicator is a resource, it will not work at all.

Andre Tavares:

I have already tryed. If the indicator is a resource, it will not work at all.

It's perfectly possible, but not trivial.

Reason: