Download MetaTrader 5

Is it possible to open second (and third) subwindow programmatically to an existing main window of the chart

To add comments, please log in or register
Publish your task in Freelance service and developers will execute your order.
gszabo
gszabo 2014.07.06 18:56 

Hi,

I hope that there is a moderator from the technical stuff of the Metaquotes who watches the questions and gives correct answer when there is no good answer from the other users.

I couldn't find answer to the question described in the subject.

With other words: Is there a supported way to open a second subwindow in MT4? Or the solution can be done only a "tricky" way by using window handles and so on.... I saw a solution like this and I didn't like it. I tried to implement it but it didn't work.

Thanks

qjol
qjol 2014.07.07 00:51  
an empty window ? or what ?
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.07.07 07:46  
gszabo:

Hi,

I hope that there is a moderator from the technical stuff of the Metaquotes who watches the questions and gives correct answer when there is no good answer from the other users.

I couldn't find answer to the question described in the subject.

With other words: Is there a supported way to open a second subwindow in MT4? Or the solution can be done only a "tricky" way by using window handles and so on.... I saw a solution like this and I didn't like it. I tried to implement it but it didn't work.

Thanks

Yes, with an indicator.
whroeder1
whroeder1 2014.07.07 12:02  
gszabo: Is there a supported way to open a second subwindow in MT4?
See Data Function - Creation of a Normal Program - MQL4 Tutorial
gszabo
gszabo 2014.07.07 14:23  
WHRoeder:
gszabo: Is there a supported way to open a second subwindow in MT4?
See Data Function - Creation of a Normal Program - MQL4 Tutorial

I looked at that DataFunction tutorial and what I could see was that the program searched a window with calling of
WindowFind("inform")

It means that the program didn't CREATE a new subwindow but only tried to find an existing one. What I want is that the program (indicator or expert) itself can open a new subwindow to display something (forinstance a graph).

And I can't find solution for this.

It would be good if the developers of MT4 built a function or something in to provide a tool for opening new subwindows from a program.

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.07.07 20:47  
gszabo:

I looked at that DataFunction tutorial and what I could see was that the program searched a window with calling of

It means that the program didn't CREATE a new subwindow but only tried to find an existing one. What I want is that the program (indicator or expert) itself can open a new subwindow to display something (forinstance a graph).

And I can't find solution for this.

It would be good if the developers of MT4 built a function or something in to provide a tool for opening new subwindows from a program.

I already answered you. You can only do that with an indicator.
gszabo
gszabo 2014.07.07 21:06  
angevoyageur:
I already answered you. You can only do that with an indicator.

Do you mean that you can write a custom indicator which automaticaly opens a 2nd subwindow besides it's own window? How does it?
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.07.07 21:17  
No. You can create an indicator which use it's own subwindow. Then attach it to a chart when you want to create a new subwindow.
gszabo
gszabo 2014.07.07 21:26  

Thanks. I also knew this way. But I want to program it as I described.

So my suggestion about a new function in the MQL4 is still relevant. But I don't hope it will be materialized soon. If any...

Thank you the attention.

Bye

To add comments, please log in or register