MT4 Spyware

I have really looked around the web quite a bit before posting this, and have not been able to find a clear answer. I've read innuendo and assumption, but I'd like to find something more concrete if it exists:

Q: Has anyone been able to verify that the MT4 installation or upgrades contain no spyware? Are you confident that the company is trustworthy?

• Based upon past bad behavior of MS, Sony, Google and others, this is not an issue to be left to the company's marketing folks. 

• The readiness of MetaQuotes to screw around with my system and installation without notification is particularly troubling to me. Yes, I am critical and suspicious of, an involuntary upgrade. I cannot think of any other application I have installed or upgraded, that did not first ask for permission to do so. If you share this concern, I would be happy to hear from you, or to be pointed to discussions on this I have not yet discovered.

Thanks for any information.

Actually there are other terminal solutions out there and you are not forced to install MT4. Just leave (uninstall) MT4 and walk-away (never use it again).

LouK:

I have really looked around the web quite a bit before posting this, and have not been able to find a clear answer. I've read innuendo and assumption, but I'd like to find something more concrete if it exists:

Q: Has anyone been able to verify that the MT4 installation or upgrades contain no spyware? Are you confident that the company is trustworthy?

• Based upon past bad behavior of MS, Sony, Google and others, this is not an issue to be left to the company's marketing folks. 

• The readiness of MetaQuotes to screw around with my system and installation without notification is particularly troubling to me. Yes, I am critical and suspicious of, an involuntary upgrade. I cannot think of any other application I have installed or upgraded, that did not first ask for permission to do so. If you share this concern, I would be happy to hear from you, or to be pointed to discussions on this I have not yet discovered.

Thanks for any information.

There is absolutely no control about what the Terminal has access to, no regulation I know about, no record of independent third party security check, even no statement from the vendor. But it is quite similar to many other software products. If you feel uncomfortable, run it only on a clear VPS like I do.

The problem we have is Microsoft Windows. It is inherently insecure, in my opinion deliberately so. As it does not allow the user to monitor or control what an application accesses either locally or remotely it is almost impossible to say for sure that any application is trustworthy.

Reason: