A question about MT4 Auto Update

Will auto update trigger at any random time during the day while MT4 is running, or only on startup?

In my experience, only on startup.

Strange thing though yesterday. Bottom right hand corner was showing no connection although I was connected to the internet. Tried logging in again, but no joy.

I restarted the platform, it auto-updated to 646 and my connection was back.

Don't know if the 2 are related, maybe just a coincidence.

GumRai:

Strange thing though yesterday. Bottom right hand corner was showing no connection although I was connected to the internet. Tried logging in again, but no joy.

That's what I thought, then I came back to the computer and noticed one installation missed a trade. No currency pairs in the new order window. After a re-install still the same issue so it must be my broker.

So I notice that the link at the bottom of the page has MT4 setup for a particular broker. Can one infer that broker is as reasonable as any other, or should one simply avoid that topic altogether?

niqmadu:

So I notice that the link at the bottom of the page has MT4 setup for a particular broker. Can one infer that broker is as reasonable as any other, or should one simply avoid that topic altogether?

It is probably best to avoid that topic altogether, we are not supposed to discuss brokers on this forum.

GumRai:

Coincidence.
Reason: