What does "ambigouos call to overloaded function with same parameters" mean, in english? - page 2

HarriMQL4:
I dont remember asking your opinion. I'll repeat myself: "I will continue to develop on 509 build for time being". Means I know I will eventually move on to 600+, but it will done on my schedule, since I have a stackload of existing libraries, scripts. Since I dont develop for others, thats fine by me.

Yes, you don't and I also notice for time being. Just saying because ... never mind.

HarriMQL4:
I dont remember asking your opinion. I'll repeat myself: "I will continue to develop on 509 build for time being". Means I know I will eventually move on to 600+, but it will done on my schedule, since I have a stackload of existing libraries, scripts. Since I dont develop for others, thats fine by me.

You post on a public forum and you don't expect people's opinions?

The simpler response would have been EMPTY_VALUE if you are not interested in the reply

HarriMQL4:

This kind of rudeness is no more accepted on this forum. So I suggest you, kindly, to avoid such answer in the future. Thank you.

HarriMQL5:

Here's the thing: If I defined a function twice, build 509 compiler would complain. It doesnt. There is no code change, the only change is the upgrade from build 509 to build 600. As soon as MT drops me in the new Metaeditor I hit the "compile" button and bang! I get those sort of errors.

What code changes does the upgrade make to existing files? I know Metaquotes state there are none, but Im begining to doubt that.

UPDATE:

I think I have tracked down the problem. It has to do with header files (.mqh) that either contain function declarations (which then need a separate library file - .mq4 - to define a function), or complete function definitions which can be included in the EA code. I had one header file (A.mqh) for a library (A.mq4) that declared functions but were then not implemented (defined) in the library, but also different header file (B.mqh) that just acted as inline replacement in the code; but B.mqh had the only definitions of the functions.

So, I have the problem too. What is the solution??

behzadha: So, I have the problem too. What is the solution??

The problem was explained (#2). Don't write multiple functions with the same arguments.

See the following:
          Define Variadic Arguments in Functions? - Bollinger Bands, BB - Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - MQL5 programming forum 2018.04.19
          Function with variable number of parameters - MQL4 programming forum 2018.01.06

If you don't understand why the above works and yours doesn't, post your code.

Reason: