Backtesting Different Periods & Results...

I am backtesting my EA on the m5 and it uses bar O/C/L/H from a bar on a different timeframe (e.g. PERIOD_H1) and an indicator on a different timeframe.

Now I would assume that if the EA is always using the PERIOD_H1 timeframe and indicator values (for all activity) then surely whatever timeframe I backtest the EA on the results should be the same? They differ significantly between timeframes.

gangsta1:

I am backtesting my EA on the m5 and it uses bar O/C/L/H from a bar on a different timeframe (e.g. PERIOD_H1) and an indicator on a different timeframe.

Now I would assume that if the EA is always using the PERIOD_H1 timeframe and indicator values (for all activity) then surely whatever timeframe I backtest the EA on the results should be the same? They differ significantly between timeframes.

What time-frame is the indicator data coming from, you're not clear.

If the EA trades when conditions are met at the bar close, then it may have 12 possibilities to trade in an hour on M5, but only 4 on M15

Yeah. Show us the code so that someone can see what is wrong with the code, if not too much of help.
Reason: