MQL4 installed in the disk C is necessary? - page 2

angevoyageur:
The good switch is /portable, not /Portable.

Hello anqevoyaqeur:

I tried both kind of /portable, and I'm sure it's not the problem.

I don't think your terminal is at the right place, it should be stored here :

C:\Users\usrename\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\terminal_id

Terminal_id is the name that one give to his terminal in case he has several terminal, example first installation of a MT4 termnal the name will be : terminal_one, second installation : terminal_two ect

did you downloaded a new tterminal or has it been up to dated ?

try that, maybe, let's know if it work

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149331

jimyang:

Hello anqevoyaqeur:

I tried both kind of /portable, and I'm sure it's not the problem.

The *.mqh need to be in Include folder not Libraries.

It seem this is not true :

"Due to changes in the file structure and location of the directory for storing custom files (indicators, Expert Advisors, scripts, templates, logs, etc.), all these data will be automatically moved to the new place during the update." https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149271

The up_to_date manager do not relocate the data automatically, it seem, the data are still located at the same place, no ? .

That is it because if I go there :

C:\Users\my_name\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\

I found a log which is telling me :

15:31:03.384 LiveUpdate: copied from 'C:\ProgramData\MetaQuotes\WebInstall\mt4clw\terminal.exe' to 'C:\FxPro HISTO\terminal.exe'

So the up_to_date manager has copied my data there : C:\Users\my_name\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\

then has taken those data and has copy it again there :'C:\FxPro HISTO\terminal.exe'

It is not working the way they say ....

ffoorr:

That is it because if I go there :

C:\Users\my_name\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\

I found a log which is telling me :

15:31:03.384 LiveUpdate: copied from 'C:\ProgramData\MetaQuotes\WebInstall\mt4clw\terminal.exe' to 'C:\FxPro HISTO\terminal.exe'

So the up_to_date manager has copied my data there : C:\Users\my_name\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\

then has taken those data and has copy it again there :'C:\FxPro HISTO\terminal.exe'

It is not working the way they say ....

terminal.exe is not data.

This is the same, angevoyageur, because there is nothing where the data should be in : Metaquotes terminal, just two log corresponding to the two plateform which have been updated

All the data is still at the same place as before the up date, but now I have the old expert plus the new MQL4 at the same place, I can't save data, proprieties of programm are missing.

ffoorr:
This is the same, angevoyageur, because there is nothing where the data should be in : Metaquotes terminal, just two log corresponding to the two plateform which have been updated

All the data is still at the same place as before the up date, but now I have the old expert plus the new MQL4 at the same place, I can't save data, proprieties of programm are missing.

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean ?

angevoyageur:
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean ?

This is what I hear from FXCM discussion board:  http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?t=220074&page=37

"he latest version of FXCM MetaTrader 4 now saves your expert advisors, indicators, profiles, etc. in a different location on your computer. If you do not see your EAs and indicators in the navigator folder, your MT4 files are most likely still saved in the old folder location and are not recognized by the new version build of MT4.

Please follow the instructions below to move your files to the correct directory on build 600 of MT4.

1. First, find where you have your MT4 files saved currently. Below are the file types and location where these files may be currently saved on your computer. You may also want to check your desktop or downloads folders to see if you have copies of these files saved there.

2. Open MT4 > click on File > Open data folder > then double click the MQL4 folder. This will show you where your experts, indicators, etc. should be saved on your computer. Unless you have UAC settings disabled the folder location will be C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\[32 character long MT4 ID]\MQL4

3. Copy the files from the old location to the new location. For your EA's, for example, you will copy the contents of theC:\Program Files (x86)\FXCM MetaTrader 4\experts folder to C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\[32 character long MT4 ID]\MQL4\Experts
"

This is very annoying that MT is deciding for us where to store our data! In addition they didn't even bother to announce this major change to the users! I suppose because brokers pay the bills they are the ones getting the service! This type of action and attitude make me quite convinced that it is time to consider changing to another platform !!  

I was also sad to see that the MT5  was such a disappointment in many ways. One point for example that I cannot comprehend is that why they didn't include tick and volume charts?? I suppose MT is 100 % retail and beginner platform and will stay as such! I think very unfortunate as with some wisdom in they could be much more!

luckyluke72: This is very annoying that MT is deciding for us where to store our data! In addition they didn't even bother to announce this major change to the users!
Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles
Features 17.02.2014 12:45 MetaQuotes Software Corp.
Reason: