Can't Close Trade. Not Enough Money

Hi Guys

Please assist if you can.

I'm new and can't get my head around this one.

I have small account that I'm playing with just to get the idea of whats for what but I'm in a small dilemma at this stage.

The account balance are 156 odd $ and my equity are still at 126 odd $. Free margin shows -86 but with all the trades open I have -30 $ at the profit/loss bar.

I want to close some trades that's a profit but it would not allow me to do so. I can't close the profitable trades as well can't close the losing trades. Thus I'm in a loop were I can't do anything with the account.

Can anyone please share some light.

if it's a real acc. call your broker

the problem seems to me, that you have hedge trades open

so, the margin is smaller, now when you try to close one site

you have to put more money for margin that you don't have

the way to solve it is to close it in pieces

for example if you have 0.1 Buy And 0.1 Sell

try to close 0.3 from the Sell and then close 0.3 from the BUY

And so on and so forth

Unless you put more money on your account, you will probably need to close the worst transaction first and keep doing that until the margin gets high enough.

drazen64:

Unless you put more money on your account, you will probably need to close the worst transaction first and keep doing that until the margin gets high enough.

That's the hole problem. I can't close any transactions. Not those that are making a profit or those that's losing. Out of the 8 open transactions none can be closed.

I've tried to close all of them one by one and all of them gives me the same not enough money error.

You currently in hedge position where, the leverage marks have pass beyond close, thus, in order to close a position, you need to put more money into your account, 2 times of the floating trades.

If I not mistaken though but usually it is like that.

you tried to close partial position as explained here
Reason: