What are netizens disliked for?

I often read in Market and Signals - not a scalper, not a martingale, not a setter.

About the martingale, I agree that this is welcome to HELL! I'm not going to discuss scalpers because I'm developing and trading one myself.

As for meshes, I'd listen to the opinion of those who have experience in their development and/or use. I'm currently implementing a net scalper strategy myself and can already see some of its advantages and disadvantages. So far one advantage over my scalper is more stable performance in a slow market.

Are there any other clear disadvantages to grid strategies?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I often read in Market and Signals - not a scalper, not a martingale, not a setter.

About the martingale, I agree that this is welcome to HELL! I'm not going to discuss scalpers because I'm developing and trading one myself.

As for meshes, I'd listen to the opinion of those who have experience in their development and/or use. I'm currently implementing a net scalper strategy myself and can already see some of its advantages and disadvantages. So far one advantage over my scalper is more stable performance in a slow market.

Are there any other obvious disadvantages with grid strategies?

From my experience why I hate them: for myself, I've never even thought of such a perversion, but for customers, I'd kill them... I call it chasing the price:

I call it a rush for the price: "First of all I will place a marker and then twenty more markers, with pitch depending on price (I say everything is calculated!), and if the third one has not worked, I will remove it, and all the ones above/below, and move them with another pitch - everything is calculated too (how could it not!).If it didn't work, then let's place another grid (in case it works there), and if it worked, then delete everything, and then go back, but with another lot, depending on the profit, let's do ten more steps. We will track the third from the top, the second from the bottom, and opposite from the side. And if it does not work, or in deficit, we will increase a lot, depending on the quantity and quality, and set there another ten orders, plus the bottom in the reverse, but with a double lot - I've counted everything - the maths rules! ".

I would kill...

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Are there any other clear disadvantages to netting?

The only disadvantage is that you have to constantly monitor your account, if it fails, you need to add money to it, and then you can withdraw money back after the grid is closed. If there is no money for topping up at any moment, net-networkers are drained, or there is a large initial deposit for drawdowns.

The net itself written competently brings a constant profit, not big, but constant, and this is what attracts them.

There are net traders both following the trend and against it. Thus, trend-following ones bring profit for many times less (for some reason) than counter-trend ones, but drawdowns are noticeably less on trend ones. I've tried both trend-following and counter-trending, and I've never been fond of any results.

My aim is not to gain profit in order to increase my deposit. Also, do not "horse-trading" with increasing lots, the lot*2 ratio for each position will kill your deposit quickly, fractional changes will not help either (counter-trend).

If we are dealing with a fixed step net, it's all nonsense, positions should be opened according to the algorithm and not to add 30 knots until the pullback.

That's all I said.)

For some time I´ve been using netellers, in my account 23 pairs with floating spread, I employed 3 placements on account while my account was going flat and then I withdraw them all and I am still ailing, my profit is small but stable and at current exchange rates it´s not so bad.

Artyom Trishkin:

Fucking hell, would have killed ...

I join in!

Artyom Trishkin:

From my experience why I hate them: I've never made them for myself, never even thought of such a perversion, and for customers I'd kill them... I call it chasing the price:

I call it a rush for the price: "First of all I will place a marker and then twenty more markers, with pitch depending on price (I say everything is calculated!), and if the third one has not worked, I will remove it, and all the ones above/below, and move them with another pitch - everything is calculated too (how could it not!).If it didn't work, then let's place another grid (in case it works there), and if it worked, then delete it all, and then go back, but with another lot, depending on the profit, let's do ten more steps. We will track the third one from above, the second one from below, and the opposite one from the side. And if it does not work, or in deficit, we will increase a lot, depending on the quantity and quality, and set there another ten orders, plus the bottom in the reverse, but with a double lot - I've counted everything - the maths rules! ".

I'd fucking kill...

Well, if you do that, I'd go crazy too )) I recently got a message on Skype from an excited guy who almost shouted that he's invented a cool trend-finding indicator but it's very complicated. He sent me the code and it was a mess, very similar to what you described. On closer inspection it turned out to be an analogue of an adaptive filter that fits into 100+ lines.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll still tweak mine )

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The only disadvantage is that you need constant monitoring, if there is a failure, you need to add money to the account, then you can withdraw money back after closing the grid. If there is no money for refilling at any time, netizens are drained, or there is a large initial deposit for drawdowns.

No rolls in any strategy kill the depo. So far, the interesting thing for me is that the grid has no delay in triggering, which is valuable for working in the channel, when the scalper has no time to rearrange from buying to selling.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Well if you do that, I'd go crazy too )) ...

Thanks for the feedback, I'll still get mine right.)

That's why I refuse to do them now, I've been there...

Good luck with your gridiron (ahhh... how I hate them )

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Are there any other clear disadvantages to grid strategies?

For what I don't know, but I like them! Maybe because their grid is not really a grid

A netminder is good at acting on the situation, not guessing where the price will go.

Artyom Trishkin:

That's why I refuse to take them on now - I've been there...

Good luck with your netminder (ahhhhh... how I hate them)

Nothing! I hate explorer, it really shakes me when I have to do a simple file operation on some blonde computer. The world is imperfect, unlike me, so I put up with it ))

-Aleks-:
A netminder is good at acting on the situation, not guessing where the price will go.
I agree. I will try to combine it with prediction methods and channel work. I will write what I will get. Or no, I'll send a picture of my own boat with the name "Black Meshman" in it!!!

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Agreed. I will try to combine it with prediction and channel work methods. I'll let you know what happens. Or no, I'll send a picture of my own boat with the name "Black Meshman"!!!
For me the only thing that bothers the netchnik is the franc event, if it is not in the "right" direction, then goodbye depot, but on the other hand, even a stop with one position in the account will not have time to work in such a situation, and the end result will be the same)
Reason: