Build 600+ and CPU usage - page 5

gchrmt4:
Does it depend on the number of symbols in the Market Watch, and do you get the same results on other servers? On the MQ demo server with all symbols in the Market Watch I've seen something different to you, but still strange: generally very low usage, but with spikes lasting 15-30 seconds where MT4 uses an entire processor core.

It doesn't seem to, I hidden all the symbols in market Watch and removed my password so I'm not logged into the Community . . . I get a steady 6% ish.

RaptorUK:
It doesn't seem to, I hidden all the symbols in market Watch and removed my password so I'm not logged into the Community . . . I get a steady 6% ish.

Still 6% without any symbols ? It's very high. With all symbols available I get between 1% and 3% (it varies continuously).

i get the same thing. There's a continuous 7% load when idle showing in Process Explorer but not showing in the Task Manager. Strangely, if I run two terminals, they both go up over 8%.

Are we sure process explorer is accurate ?

SDC:
From what I have read it's more accurate than Task Manager . . . but how would we know for certain ?

angevoyageur:

Still 6% without any symbols ? It's very high. With all symbols available I get between 1% and 3% (it varies continuously).

I wonder if you could check something for me in your Process Explorer ?

If you find the terminal.exe process, double click it then go to the Threads tab . . . do you have one or two threads called terminal.exe+ . .. . I have two . . .

if I kill the one using the CPU MT4 still appears to run OK but at a much lower CPU usage.

SDC:

i think there is no way to find out i assume they all use the same method GetProcessTimes and GetSystemTimes

I am tryig to figure out how to do a data collection set on MT4 in perfmon its not very user friendly though ...

data collection ? on what ?

on the terminal process I dont know how to do it so im hacking at it right now trying different things I managed to almost get it but it says _total where I think it should say terminal. I dont want the CPU stats on everything I just want it to do MT4 the same as when i add the MT4 process counter to the graphical display chart ...

I am trying to do it by adding a data collection set to the user defined, I tried the template option but I couldnt make that work so Ive been trying to do it with the create manually option I have no idea if this is the right way or not though lol

Reason: