Can 1 EA monitor & trade multiple currency pairs from within one chart? - page 3

whroeder1:
  1. Do not trade multiple currencies in one EA.
Not being able to use predefined variables makes a bad argument for "Do not trade multiple currencies in one EA", and you can use the tester in MT5.

nicholishen: Not being able to use predefined variables makes a bad argument for "Do not trade multiple currencies in one EA", and you can use the tester in MT5.

Predefined is only one. Polling is two. Handling multiple symbols and corresponding multiple tests is three (loops, arrays, iBarShift, for each symbol.) It's unnecessary is four (code it once, put it on multiple charts and your done.)

whroeder1:

Predefined is only one. Polling is two. Handling multiple symbols and corresponding multiple tests is three (loops, arrays, iBarShift, for each symbol.) It's unnecessary is four (code it once, put it on multiple charts and your done.)

Polling is an issue? How? How difficult is it to put the algo's hot-path on a loop or use OnBookEvent in MT5? 

"It's unnecessary"

Yeah, maybe if you're trading a static-algo that's currency independant, but how many MC strategies are static? Most of them are dynamic in the regards that they evaluate the dynamic conditions of all the symbols at once, together, and in one program. What are you gonna do... setup a bunch of global variables or a shared file so all your EA's can talk to each-other just so you can avoid loops and arrays? That doesn't make any sense. 

It's by no means unnecessary and very possible.

Look at the bigger picture, and please do not marry or narrow down on one instrument.

Realize that all these economy's are connected.

The code allows it and it is very convenient.

You can find links that are hidden between chart's that would otherwise be hidden.

Looking at other symbols has nothing to do with trading them. I never said anything about one instrument, in fact I said the opposite: "Look at the others if you must."

Never said anything about global variables or files because they are unnecessary; no communication between them are necessary.

It's unnecessary to trade other symbols. Put the EA on other charts to trade other symbols. I never said anything about impossible. What ever the condition to trade, only one EA will and on the first tick with the condition.

It's not convenient at all. Continuously poll (unnecessary CPU loading for entry and/or trailing,) OnTick is useless as is the MT4 tester. If you don't want a trade a particular symbol, you must modify the code as opposed to just closing that chart.

What use is OnBook when there is only one EA? It already knows it just traded. That's useful with multiple EAs.

Yes that is exactly what i'm saying trading them.

It's not unnecessary.

It's convenient, load one EA -> start making profits.

Who wants to set up 26 Chart's ? Let's here it...

* I do not use ontick()... at all.

It used to give an error when you deleted ontick() function but nowaday's it just accepts that it's gone.

It's just a pre-historic statue from the early days.

whroeder1:

What use is OnBook when there is only one EA? It already knows it just traded. That's useful with multiple EAs.

I'm going to give you my whroeder1 impression... Did you even bother to read the documentation?!

1. The OnBookEvent() function is the BookEvent handler.
  2. OnBook event handler is activated by any change in the DOM of any subscribed symbol, which includes change in price ie. new tick.

nicholishen:

I'm going to give you my whroeder1 impression... Did you even bother to read the documentation?!

1. The OnBookEvent() function is the BookEvent handler.
  2. OnBook event handler is activated by any change in the DOM of any subscribed symbol, which includes change in price ie. new tick.

There is no such thing with MT4/mql4.

Alain Verleyen:
There is no such thing with MT4/mql4.

Hence, "How difficult is it to put the algo's hot-path on a loop or use OnBookEvent in MT5?"

In MT4 is simple just loop over SymbolsTotal(1) and then SymbolName(pos,1) becomes the instrument.

But let's take it one step further.

My EA's not only trade all instruments, they also handle all indicators.

So that's all instruments, and all indicators, in one EA... and even some custom ones.

This makes it very convenient to easily try new and different trading ideas from just the one package.

Reason: