how to test indicator from market mql4 ? - page 4

ok thx ubzen for your answer..

Sorry for resurrecting the topic. I just cannot figure out how I could sell an indicator without allowing users to try it out.

I noticed, that some guy(or perhaps more than one) supplied a "free" version to every indicator he was selling. The "free" version actually means a cripple-ware with limited functionality. It could be a way, but actually those two items could be easily integrated into a single one, if the market supported such possibility.

So, is the cripple-ware a right way to promote the commercial indicators (regardless it is "not welcome" in the agreement)?

Or should they be enabled in the tester template instead?

Or should the "demo" version be integrated?

Posting this because I do not believe in the "first buy then try" model.

Ovo:

Sorry for resurrecting the topic. I just cannot figure out how I could sell an indicator without allowing users to try it out.

I noticed, that some guy(or perhaps more than one) supplied a "free" version to every indicator he was selling. The "free" version actually means a cripple-ware with limited functionality. It could be a way, but actually those two items could be easily integrated into a single one, if the market supported such possibility.

So, is the cripple-ware a right way to promote the commercial indicators (regardless it is "not welcome" in the agreement)?

Or should they be enabled in the tester template instead?

Or should the "demo" version be integrated?

Posting this because I do not believe in the "first buy then try" model.

What do you mean by " "not welcome" in the agreement" "?

Why not give them full-free-version upon an exotic symbol only?

Perhaps yours is multi-currency indicator or something? I dunno ...

I think we all agree that meta-quotes could improve in this area.

When you add a new script to the market, I remember there was such a remark, that the software must not contain anything what would limit its use. I never read it carefully, so perhaps it implies only to time trials, account numbers and demo accounts, not sure.

It would be OK, if it worked they claimed it worked:

A demo version of an indicator cannot be run and seen on an online chart. Its behavior can only be seen in the Visual testing mode in the Strategy Tester.

But since the indicator download link (available in the build 600) disappeared from the market window in the following builds, I doubt it is valid any longer.

ubzen:

What do you mean by " "not welcome" in the agreement" "?

Why not give them full-free-version upon an exotic symbol only?

It opened in front of me suddenly, in the product control panel:

Embedding any limitations by time, account type or number, financial instrument, etc. into your Program is prohibited. All such actions will be considered as unfriendly to the Buyer and are prohibited.

Ovo:

It opened in front of me suddenly, in the product control panel:

If it's a Free product there is no "buyer" to be "unfriendly" to
Reason: