Read text from a Custom Indicator Window using an expert adviser

Hi all,

Help...

Does anybody know how to read the text from a custom indicator window using an expert adviser...?

Any help would be much appreciated....

Thanks

Paul

Speedyridge:

Hi all,

Help...

Does anybody know how to read the text from a custom indicator window using an expert adviser...?

Any help would be much appreciated....

You can get an Indicator's buffer data using iCustom() . . . if you specifically need to get it from the chart then I think you are facing a huge challenge.

RaptorUK:
You can get an Indicator's buffer data using iCustom() . . . if you specifically need to get it from the chart then I think you are facing a huge challenge.

Hi, Thanks for the quick response....

Do u have a link or info on how to get an indicator buffer?

I will have a look now myself...

Thanks again....

Speedyridge:

Hi, Thanks for the quick response....

Do u have a link or info on how to get an indicator buffer?

I will have a look now myself...

Thanks again....

There are plenty of threads on this forum about using iCustom() . . . use the forum search and you will find them.

RaptorUK:
There are plenty of threads on this forum about using iCustom() . . . use the forum search and you will find them.

Thanks... I will have a look.... :-)

What about IndicatorBuffers() function, would this work?

Speedyridge:

What about IndicatorBuffers() function, would this work?

Yes it works . . .

Allocates memory for buffers used for custom indicator calculations. The amount of buffers cannot exceed 8 or be less than the value given in the indicator_buffers property. If custom indicator requires additional buffers for counting, this function must be used for specifying of the total amount of buffers.

. .. in an Indicator. But you are writing an EA ?

RaptorUK:

Yes it works . . .

. .. in an Indicator. But you are writing an EA ?

Figured it out using iCustom, thank for pointing me in the right direction.....Cheers... :-)
Reason: