MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 604 - page 3

VabRus:

Yes, perfectly...

I think isn´t normal Metaquotes developed a new version not supported with previous code.

And with Unicode string you need allocate twice memory than with ansi strings.

And about OnTesterInit(), OnTesterDeInit(), OnTester(), do you know some news?

Thank

Sorry I don't have information about this event handlers.

I do not see a thread from metaquotes addressing the changes in b604. Broker I contacted (Excel Markets, IC Markets, Global Prime) has no clue either as to the changes, and directed me to the forum.

I updated one of my terminals to the latest build, and it turned out to be b604. So what are the changes or when will mq create a thread about it?

4evermaat:

I do not see a thread from metaquotes addressing the changes in b604. Broker I contacted (Excel Markets, IC Markets, Global Prime) has no clue either as to the changes, and directed me to the forum.

I updated one of my terminals to the latest build, and it turned out to be b604. So what are the changes or when will mq create a thread about it?

Hi, its officially release V604 this morning, as far as I knew. I close and reopen my MT4 and viola its updated. So the update is from MQL network as support staff informed me. Whether theres some write up of whats been fixed is still unknown.

I have 2 vps, A and B (cant post name here either). On A all my mt4 whether migrated from v509 or fresh install to v600 were updated to v604. On B despite close and reopen its still v600. I dont believe the vps provider will purposely blocked the update so I cant comment on whats the issue with the pushing of the update

NOTE: Mis matched of transaction b/w providers and subscribers (for those that subscribe to signals on MQL5 community) is still prevalent! Just send a ticket to "service" desk ("service" has to be in quotes, as I am not sure whether it even gets look at. This issue (mis match) was reported by me since last year and supposed to be resolved by v600 but no its still prevalent).

With build604, SendMail() set From: header as follows:

This does not occur when Test from Email tab.

This problem causes the receiver SMTP server rejects or marks the mail as SPAM.

Please fix to From header be set to same as From in Email tab.

Hello, there is a bug still present in v 604 MetaEditor.

Keys for functions : "Function header" - "Block comment" - "Comment lines" - "Uncomment lines" are not for localized keyboard, please check localization scancodes.

This is instead a suggestion.
The dropdown list for List functions and methods in files, is useful for small prorams codes, but for large codes it's not very immediate to use.
Any time I open it starts from A letter, instead it should remember the last clicked item.

Apart from this could be better to create a classical navigator pane.
I dont' know why there is a navigator for files and there is not a navigator for function/methods, it seems that a programmer pass his time to open different files instead to jump from a function to another.

This is what I see in my dropdown list of functions (please note that list start from "A" and ends to "G") :

This is the same source from a classic editor, Geany, note the function navigator on right :

It's obvious that for a ten functions program there are not differencies, but not all developer on MT4 works only on Sunday or after their daytime work.

positiveday:

Hello, there is a bug still present in v 604 MetaEditor.

Keys for functions : "Function header" - "Block comment" - "Comment lines" - "Uncomment lines" are not for localized keyboard, please check localization scancodes.

This is instead a suggestion.
The dropdown list for List functions and methods in files, is useful for small prorams codes, but for large codes it's not very immediate to use.
Any time I open it starts from A letter, instead it should remember the last clicked item.

Apart from this could be better to create a classical navigator pane.
I dont' know why there is a navigator for files and there is not a navigator for function/methods, it seems that a programmer pass his time to open different files instead to jump from a function to another.

This is what I see in my dropdown list of functions (please note that list start from "A" and ends to "G") :

This is the same source from a classic editor, Geany, note the function navigator on right :

It's obvious that for a ten functions program there are not differencies, but not all developer on MT4 works only on Sunday or after their daytime work.

I second this.

Thanks, I would also remember that the automatic list of names during digitation (start default after 3 characters) should be case insensitive.

Actually we must type the right uppercase letter if we want to find a function with the right name, but if we KNOW the right function name why we should use the auto completion?

Also it's missed another very important functionality present in all developing (and not developing) enviroments.

A simple multi finder. It's very useful to get a list of all lines where a function/method/variable has been used/called.

The title of this topic has magically changed from "MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 603" to "MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 604". Look, an update which actually worked without causing problems!

positiveday:
Thanks, I would also remember that the automatic list of names during digitation (start default after 3 characters) should be case insensitive.

Actually we must type the right uppercase letter if we want to find a function with the right name, but if we KNOW the right function name why we should use the auto completion?

Also it's missed another very important functionality present in all developing (and not developing) enviroments.

A simple multi finder. It's very useful to get a list of all lines where a function/method/variable has been used/called.

The editor is a toy, it is easier to list functionality it has rather than the list what it misses. Using a Doxygen for dependencies and additional simple editors for navigation is a need.

gchrmt4:
The title of this topic has magically changed from "MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 603" to "MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 604". Look, an update which actually worked without causing problems!

It changes sometimes, but in the search index the posts keep the original topic. The Russian forum changes topics even more often - I mean those related to the BetaTrader.
Reason: