AE2BBC7E65893356A60248680B4C\MQL4\Experts - page 3

SDC: I wonder what is the significance of the folder named AE2BBC7E65893356A60248680B4C. It looks a lot like a unique identifier of some kind, my virtual store folder has a different name to that one, similar but not the same alpha numeric string
Yeah, its some form of unique identifier so that malicious programs do-not know their way around :)

SDC:

I wonder what is the significance of the folder name AE2BBC7E65893356A60248680B4C. It looks a lot like a unique identifier of some kind, my virtual store folder has a different name to that one, similar but not the same alpha numeric string

Probably a unique user ID of some kind . . . similar to Windows SIDs

Microsoft Windows Vista and higher:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\instance_id\

Here "C" is the letter of a logical disk, where the operating system is installed, "username" is the account in the operating system, under which the terminal has been installed, and "instance_id" is the unique identifier generated based on the path to a catalog, where the terminal is installed.

RaptorUK:
You don't need to turn off UAC . . . just don't install in Program Files and use the /portable switch . . .

Do you know anywhere is a guide for using portable switch? Im sorry don't know what that is.

Read the first post here.

gchrmt4:
(Makes little difference but - unless things have changed very recently - brokers don't have much control over that. "Their" MT4 installer always gets the latest version of MT4 from the MetaQuotes CDN. A broker is meant to be able to control when existing installations get pushed a new version, but they can't prevent new installations getting the new version. On Feb 3rd every broker is going to be at least partially forced onto 578 whether they like it or not.)

:( Some brokers have confirmed they have no control over existing installations either. That's a terrible position to be in, especially with real money on the table.

4evermaat:

:( Some brokers have confirmed they have no control over existing installations either. That's a terrible position to be in, especially with real money on the table.
Please do not double post.
Reason: