About data for strategy tester

The data for test from two ways:

the first one: we down load data from internet and import these data into MT4 and do some period convert; the second way, open the pair chart, then zoom out, and then just go to see the leftest bars, at the same time, the data will be download automatic.

my question is that: whether it is the same for tester to use the two kinds of data?

for the first way, take 1-minute bars,each of them only includes open price, close price,low price, high price and time; for the second way, 1-minute bars, each of them includes more information? such as each of ticket?

thank you!

vx0532:

The data for test from two ways:

the first one: we down load data from internet and import these data into MT4 and do some period convert; the second way, open the pair chart, then zoom out, and then just go to see the leftest bars, at the same time, the data will be download automatic.

my question is that: whether it is the same for tester to use the two kinds of data?

for the first way, take 1-minute bars,each of them only includes open price, close price,low price, high price and time; for the second way, 1-minute bars, each of them includes more information? such as each of ticket?

A bar holds 6 pieces of information, open time, tick count (volume) and Open, High, Low & Close prices . . . . thats it, it doesn't matter where the data comes from, the .hst files hold just this data (and a header). https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/120153

Ok, Thanks.

so historical data never contain ticket information, yes/?

vx0532:

Ok, Thanks.

so historical data never contain ticket information, yes/?

No, why would it ?

Did you click the link I gave which shows the .hst file format ?

RaptorUK:

No, why would it ?

Did you click the link I gave which shows the .hst file format ?

Yes, thank you